5%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Apparently if these were used as a stop light it would be Go, Stop, Smurf.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

Previous Woot

mkentosh wrote:company web site

http://www.getmobi.com/

froogled (also found by mkentosh, but fixed the monster-link)

markjs415

quality posts: 2 Private Messages markjs415

just got these from a previous woot,kids like em, one of them didn't survive the fall from the upstairs balcony(the light, kids are ok.)

monkeythumpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeythumpa
markjs415 wrote:just got these from a previous woot,kids like em, one of them didn't survive the fall from the upstairs balcony(the light, kids are ok.)

Got mine from Amazon. My kid pushed the I/O button so hard it snapped off in the unit. He was about 20 months at the time. Not that this is poorly made, just not bomb-proof.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Great for night-time car rides. Bright enough for kids to play in the backseat, but not enough to distract the driver too much. Just wish these had the AC adapter for charging like mine. I would be in for more. Good price.

awgPablo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages awgPablo

Anyone know how this differs (if it does) in size from the Mobi Tyke Light I got off Woot Prime a while back?:

http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=7498

It looks like they've maybe changed names and done away with the AC charger. Any other improvements or notable differences besides the multi-color spiffage?

My 2 year-old daughter has loved her "light man" more and more as the months go by -- I got hers when she was only about 5 months old, so by now, it's a familiar fixture amongst the other cloths and toys that come/go through the house as she outgrows them.

I keep getting tempted to buy these dang guys when I see them. It must be an extension of my addiction to the flashlights I keep picking up at W!. I'm trying to restrain myself here.

My new signature... now absent of a link to my website. Oops.

nicepairofwooters

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nicepairofwooters

I got these on a previous woot and the only color that has a timer on it is blue. The settings are blue-15 min.timer, blue-constant on, green-cons. on, red-cons. on, cycling-cons.on, off.

So if your kid wants to use it as a night light, you're gonna have to get them to like blue or you'll be a slave to turning it off every night.

wrightmenow

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wrightmenow
awgPablo wrote:Anyone know how this differs (if it does) in size from the Mobi Tyke Light I got off Woot Prime a while back?

Same size... different colors.

Our orange ones have been known to crack when thrown across the driveway at a fast-moving sibling, but since these look more like abominable snowmen maybe they'll bounce. Since the weather's warming up and kids get kicked outside more often, I should have an answer by the next time these pop up on Woot.

A7hena

quality posts: 4 Private Messages A7hena

I got 4 of these last time and they are alright. Not very good night lights unless you like it very bright. They seem pretty sturdy, like the other MOBI Glomates. My kids are really hard on their stuff, and these things sure can take a beating. I really liked the big plug-in one Woot had on here a while ago, and wish I could find another after mine died.

Anyways, these are good falling asleep lights for the kids really afraid of the dark or not sensitive to light. They'd also make really good camping lamps!

moonangel12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages moonangel12
nicepairofwooters wrote:I got these on a previous woot and the only color that has a timer on it is blue. The settings are blue-15 min.timer, blue-constant on, green-cons. on, red-cons. on, cycling-cons.on, off.

So if your kid wants to use it as a night light, you're gonna have to get them to like blue or you'll be a slave to turning it off every night.

That's odd... my son has a green one and it has low/high/15min settings. I'm thinking I might know why these are being sold on here...

lebturtle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebturtle

We bought these about 3 months ago or so. Our son uses it as a nigh light and likes it on all night (only the blue setting though). It lasts about 3 weeks before the batteries die-although we use re-chargeable batteries-it is kind of a pain to change them.

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

Hey, have you seen the pictures of my kids??

KINGZWORLD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages KINGZWORLD

Great, I have bought these before during a woot off, and im in for a few more sets.

I have 7 kids, three of which are babies 3months, 1 year & 2 years, at one and two they both know how to operate them. They are a soft touch plastic that kids love to hold. its always cute to see my babies reach one hand for the bottle and one for the glow mate.

I dont wory about the timer, just leave it on all night.. just keep 3x AAA rechardable ready every few weeks... yes it last that long all night long.

as for the bottom, there two labels that stick to the bottom showing battery arangment and on/off button, I SUDGEST REMOVING THEM IF GIVING TO SOMONE UNDER 2. because babies can take the hard sharp labels off and choke on them. other then that great..

also my younger kids love them to, 7, 9, & 10.

and good deal, they sale at local store here for $14.99 for one. only had one with one bad light and had quite a few of them..

I just wish they had like a 24" model that plugged in the wall with HILED in them. would be awsome.

loricdietzel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loricdietzel

We just bought ONE of these two days ago for $15. Too bad we can't return it! Bought these two as back ups, though!

ionescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ionescu

I got two of these before Christmas from Woot..bottom label comes off and leaves behind a sticky glue that doesn't come off easy.

I finally removed it with nail-polish-remover and was able to give them as gifts.

They are nice little toys, but the labels were so frustrating.

Kids love them!

comtoc

quality posts: 4 Private Messages comtoc

I just asked my 3-year-old if we should get one for her room and one for her sister's. She said, "No, dat's too cweepy."

I *think* she thinks they're ghosts. Personally, I think they're a little odd-looking, too.

madamehatter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madamehatter

My daughter has two from the last time these were on kids woot. She adores them. I put one on the far side of her room and use the timer and the other stays on next to her bed. It has really cut down on the middle of the night visits to my bedroom.

gemthing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gemthing
A7hena wrote:I got 4 of these last time and they are alright. Not very good night lights unless you like it very bright. They seem pretty sturdy, like the other MOBI Glomates. My kids are really hard on their stuff, and these things sure can take a beating. I really liked the big plug-in one Woot had on here a while ago, and wish I could find another after mine died.

I wish. I got these before Christmas for my 3 year old. I knocked one off his bedside table with my elbow and the lamp part just completely cracked out of the bottom. And they burn through batteries kind of quick when you leave them on all night.

cateyes784

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cateyes784
nicepairofwooters wrote:I got these on a previous woot and the only color that has a timer on it is blue. The settings are blue-15 min.timer, blue-constant on, green-cons. on, red-cons. on, cycling-cons.on, off.

If you flip it over there is a black button. Press & hold the button until it starts blinking & you will have any color you want on the timer.

nicepairofwooters

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nicepairofwooters
cateyes784 wrote:If you flip it over there is a black button. Press & hold the button until it starts blinking & you will have any color you want on the timer.

On other models there is a black button, but on this model there is not one. In the instructions it says blue is the only timed light color.

mjit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjit

We got a bunch of these for gifts and for our kids at Christmas. Our kids (7&9yo) LOVE these things and use them every night. The batteries last weeks for us, they turn them on blue with the timer, and it goes off after 15 minutes. If they wake up in the night, they can easily turn them back on for a bit until they fall asleep. They makes pretty cool flashlights for carrying around, too.

mjit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjit

Oh, and for the person who had a sticky label, next time you go to the store, grab a bottle of Goo Gone. It'll take the sticky label stuff right off, and it's safe to use on just about anything.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

MOBI Glomate Jr - 2 Pack has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Mandy15963

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mandy15963

Love these things! We have one for each kids room and its the perfect amount of light!