Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
ThunderThighs wrote:Thanks. Wish I could get more players.

so, what is this woot clue thing anyway? sounds like it requires staying up for the wooting hour though, which I just can't do anymore.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Turken wrote:so, what is this woot clue thing anyway? sounds like it requires staying up for the wooting hour though, which I just can't do anymore.

Yeah, I start an hour before the rollover to new sales.

Here's a link to the start of one of the better games we've had.

They're fun and keep me hopping to answer the questions.

Morning all!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kdccrosby wrote: Just glad it's not my heart.

Yeah, no kidding!

G'morning peeps! Just working on the coffee and catching up to the happenings this morning, really.

Seems mellow enough.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Everyone had probably seen this elsewhere, but just in case...

Kony 2012

30 minutes. Make the time.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, I start an hour before the rollover to new sales.

Here's a link to the start of one of the better games we've had.

Interesting. Any sort of prize for the winner, or is it just something to occupy the time while everyone waits for the rollover?

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hiya everyone. Great news on son-in-law's scan - no new growth while he has been off chemo! Everything has pretty much stayed the same. He has to have the bile duct stent which is a plastic material replaced in another month. However, it did not immediately corrected the highly elevated bilirubin counts, so they are unsure if he indeed needs it or what the cause actually was. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers - I do believe they have helped.

Windy day again - sunny and warm. Going to the beach to watch the kids who skip school every windy day like this to surf. It is not as intense as Sunday, so I doubt the waves will be as huge, but I do love it when the Gulf is so active.

Later. Hope everyone stays well.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:Hiya everyone. Great news on son-in-law's scan - no new growth while he has been off chemo! Everything has pretty much stayed the same. He has to have the bile duct stent which is a plastic material replaced in another month. However, it did not immediately corrected the highly elevated bilirubin counts, so they are unsure if he indeed needs it or what the cause actually was. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers - I do believe they have helped.

Windy day again - sunny and warm. Going to the beach to watch the kids who skip school every windy day like this to surf. It is not as intense as Sunday, so I doubt the waves will be as huge, but I do love it when the Gulf is so active.

Later. Hope everyone stays well.

That's wonderful news. We'll keep thinking and praying, maybe it'll stay this way.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

inkycatz

klozitshoper wrote:Hiya everyone. Great news on son-in-law's scan - no new growth while he has been off chemo!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Great news, klozit!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hello all. Did I miss anything while my body refused to work because of some virus or something?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

inkycatz

KtCallista wrote:Hello all. Did I miss anything while my body refused to work because of some virus or something?

The usual scandal, outrage, new discussion topics, etc.

Er, no, not really. But I am glad you're feeling better!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Great news, Klosit!

Kid your news is great too!

Mavyn is getting her sinuses fixed, KtC is over
her virus. Things are looking better all over PWAland.

Mavyn

I also just gave myself the 'at home stress test'...Prepping bikes for a weekend ride, filled the tires and then set off around the block--downhill--without checking the brakes.

Didn't think of THAT until I was halfway down the hill and still picking up speed.

Oops.

(Wore off a bit of the toe on my shoes. It worked. Yay, Flintstones!)

klozitshoper

Mavyn wrote:I also just gave myself the 'at home stress test'...Prepping bikes for a weekend ride, filled the tires and then set off around the block--downhill--without checking the brakes.

Didn't think of THAT until I was halfway down the hill and still picking up speed.

Oops.

When we used to vacation in Virginia, I was always amazed by the people riding bikes uphill on the Blueridge Parkway. I need even - and I do mean even terrain. Good luck on your trip. It is great exercise!

I am afraid to try to ride my bike. I don't think I will ever feel safe from reinjuring my foot. No guts, no glory.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I also just gave myself the 'at home stress test'...Prepping bikes for a weekend ride, filled the tires and then set off around the block--downhill--without checking the brakes.

Oops.

Much better than wearing off skin.

klozitshoper

Thanks Poof, Inky, and AZ. It was a huge worry that the existing tumors would grow with that length of time off chemo.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Everyone had probably seen this elsewhere, but just in case...

Kony 2012

30 minutes. Make the time.

Finally watched it and posted on facebook.

Isn't this the sort of thing the United Nations is for?

The guy also needs to make a shorter video.

Hope it works.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

Yep. I've had 2 pretty spectacular bike crashes in my life. First, I was 5 or 6, and wiped out on gravel. Knocked myself out. Second one, I was 21, riding at night, in the snow. Was crossing the road, car was coming, I went to get on the sidewalk. Didn't realize there was no ramp. Wham, 8 inch curb. Threw myself over the handlebars, banged up my chin, bent the forks on the bike and ruined the tire.

This time, I had time to look around and think! Still scary. But, at least now the bike is down. I'd like to get back in the habit of exercising daily--either biking or jogging. Seems stupid to have them and not use them!

KtCallista

inkycatz wrote:The usual scandal, outrage, new discussion topics, etc.

Er, no, not really. But I am glad you're feeling better!

Oh good!

Klozit - I'm glad you got good news about SIL!

I miss having a bike, sorta. We keep saying we are going to get a set of bikes for the grown-ups, but it never quite happens. Orc got a couple bikes that needed work off a garage sale, but they are so heavy that I can only put one on the bike rack for the car at a time and even then I barely made it three blocks (granted it's a crappy bumper rack). Given that, I can barely lift the stupid bike, it's like they are filled with concrete or something. Heaviest dang things! I had a few bad wrecks, one as a kid I broke my thumb after hitting a parked car. When I first came to college I did the curb thing Mayvn mentioned except it was a sunny afternoon and I was on the main road in what passed for rush hour. I also am not comfortable on hills and we are in hill country here. The sun issue, and my back not liking the bike posture is not helping. I keep telling my husband I'm going to buy a nice adult trike, but it's never in the budget.

For those who doubt my lifting capabilities, I am super mom and regularly carry in excess of 50 pounds.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:my left arm has been numb and hurting lately. A little chest pain.

Turns it it's exactly that. I have strained something in my arm or shoulder.

gotta see the regular doc for that I guess. Just glad it's not my heart.

It would be a shame to have such a good heart damaged.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

Oops.

lol funny (I'm glad it worked!)

Iceback

klozitshoper wrote:Thanks Poof, Inky, and AZ. It was a huge worry that the existing tumors would grow with that length of time off chemo.

I'm glad thing seem to be better thsn expected.

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:For those who doubt my lifting capabilities, I am super mom and regularly carry in excess of 50 pounds.

I never douted you were a super mom.

Iceback

A good day in the Ice household, Mrs Ice just texted to tell me she won a ipod touch and I won a multimeter and some other stuff @ the training I was at today.
I guess I'd better go over and check to see if the oldsters are still breathing...

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:A good day in the Ice household, Mrs Ice just texted to tell me she won a ipod touch and I won a multimeter and some other stuff @ the training I was at today.
I guess I'd better go over and check to see if the oldsters are still breathing...

Congrats! Always a nice surprise when you win something.

pooflady

Dinner was not what one would call a resounding success tonight. First of all, I was somehow off by an hour and dinner was ready at 5:30 instead of 6:30. Good thing husband came home early from fishing. Or maybe not because he said he didn't like it. I know I've had it before and he did like it because I wouldn't have typed it up and put it in my recipe book if he hadn't liked it. Greek fritatta. Too bad, because I did like it.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Dinner was not what one would call a resounding success tonight. First of all, I was somehow off by an hour and dinner was ready at 5:30 instead of 6:30. Good thing husband came home early from fishing. Or maybe not because he said he didn't like it. I know I've had it before and he did like it because I wouldn't have typed it up and put it in my recipe book if he hadn't liked it. Greek fritatta. Too bad, because I did like it.

off with his head!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Dinner was not what one would call a resounding success tonight. First of all, I was somehow off by an hour and dinner was ready at 5:30 instead of 6:30. Good thing husband came home early from fishing. Or maybe not because he said he didn't like it. I know I've had it before and he did like it because I wouldn't have typed it up and put it in my recipe book if he hadn't liked it. Greek fritatta. Too bad, because I did like it.

Was he just having an off day? Did it not come out the same?

pooflady

Iceback wrote:A good day in the Ice household, Mrs Ice just texted to tell me she won a ipod touch and I won a multimeter and some other stuff @ the training I was at today.

Wow, that's great.

pooflady

no1 wrote:off with his head!

Exactly!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Was he just having an off day? Did it not come out the same?

Beats me.

pooflady

Had the carpets and a couple chairs cleaned today. They look good. Or as good as 20-year old carpet can look. But I didn't notice till they left that the couch is about a foot and a half from where it's supposed to be and, with my back, I can't help husband move it. PITA

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Had the carpets and a couple chairs cleaned today. They look good. Or as good as 20-year old carpet can look. But I didn't notice till they left that the couch is about a foot and a half from where it's supposed to be and, with my back, I can't help husband move it. PITA

I'd come over and move it if I lived in the area. Can you call a child or grandchild, or have the whole issue wait until you are babysitting again?

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I'd come over and move it if I lived in the area. Can you call a child or grandchild, or have the whole issue wait until you are babysitting again?

Will have to get someone because it's an eight-foot couch.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
klozitshoper wrote:Thanks Poof, Inky, and AZ. It was a huge worry that the existing tumors would grow with that length of time off chemo.

so glad to hear there was good news!!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:It would be a shame to have such a good heart damaged.

Thanks Ice

Edit: Congrats on the winning of the cool stuff!

KtCallista

Ok, Ver1 wants to observe refraction for her science fair project, we decided to do the experiment/observations next week in my dad's in-home theater since it's a room with no external light. Does anyone have any suggestions for fun things to shine a flashlight at that will make the light bend? All the fun things I can think of (thick gells, colored plastic sheets) I don't have. I might buy a prism from Amazon, but any other ideas?

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:Ok, Ver1 wants to observe refraction for her science fair project, we decided to do the experiment/observations next week in my dad's in-home theater since it's a room with no external light. Does anyone have any suggestions for fun things to shine a flashlight at that will make the light bend? All the fun things I can think of (thick gells, colored plastic sheets) I don't have. I might buy a prism from Amazon, but any other ideas?

Colored water? Jello?

pooflady

I don't know why, but I enjoy following the Iditarod. Odd.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Colored water? Jello?

Jello is good, I hadn't thought of the obvious. We could make it thick too, that could be fun.