Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Note that the toaster HAD NOT STOPPED.

And no, I never remove clothing from a washer or dryer. I don't want anyone touching my laundry, so I monitored it. I usually monitor my food, as well, but stepped across the hall to wash my hands. 5 minutes on the toaster oven, came back with 7 minutes because 'I checked, and your sandwich still felt cold, so I reset it and added my toast'

Wakko Talks Faboo!?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
inkycatz wrote:Oh, hate that. We had a real thing for a while with the communal washing machines in my apartment building, where someone had this habit of throwing other people's wet laundry onto the table between the washers and dryers so they could use the washer.

From what I hear, when someone removes your wet clothes from washing machine so they can use it, the proper reply is to remove their wet clothes from machine in return, but instead of dumping on the laundry room table put them outside to freeze into a solid block.

edit: well, freezing is probably best left for those who remove your clothes before the cycle is through. if you left them there yourself to sit for a long time, machine is fair game.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:From what I hear, when someone removes your wet clothes from washing machine so they can use it, the proper reply is to remove their wet clothes from machine in return, but instead of dumping on the laundry room table put them outside to freeze into a solid block.

edit: well, freezing is probably best left for those who remove your clothes before the cycle is through. if you left them there yourself to sit for a long time, machine is fair game.

I'm not crazy! I do mean after the machine finished running!

If you want to be nice, you can fold the clothes you took out of the dryer.

I remember we had one guy who would show up and dump a ton of clothes on the table. Then start shoving them into the machines.

It would stink up the entire room!
Not sure one run through the machines was enough to make it safe to touch that guys stuff!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:From what I hear, when someone removes your wet clothes from washing machine so they can use it, the proper reply is to remove their wet clothes from machine in return, but instead of dumping on the laundry room table put them outside to freeze into a solid block.

Couldn't you pour some liquid glass over them and encase them in a glass bubble?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Turken wrote:

Yeah I don't know about the politics going on betwixt neighbors so I keep my head down and my timer on my phone adhered to. No one touches my stuff, that's for sure!

I'm just hanging out, really.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

PWA: A.R./O.C.D. spoken here!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:Yeah I don't know about the politics going on betwixt neighbors so I keep my head down and my timer on my phone adhered to. No one touches my stuff, that's for sure!

Well if you live in WA, I hear there is a crazy blue haired (last I saw) guy running around.
I guess I wouldn't touch his stuff.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

dontwantaname wrote:Well if you live in WA, I hear there is a crazy blue haired (last I saw) guy running around.

We keep the community team segmented to different neighborhoods entirely. Just seems safer all around.

Of course, as the community team grows this will eventually become a problem but for now it works out well.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

When I was in the dorms there was a girl who would watch to see who had just started their laundry, rush in and pull it out so she could use wash cycle for her clothes, so she'd pull it out just wet with the detergent still on top. -- eventually we learned to watch for her.

At one point in college I owned enough clothes to only have to wash once a month. Instead of messing with the apartment washers we'd spend the day with a row and a half at the laundromat. Of course with kids I could take a row and a half every week now.

Snow Day again here. Jury duty postponed because of snow. Orc has to fly to Iowa to see his grandma before she passes. Trying to figure out how to get him to the airport in this weather and which airports are still working. Then I'll have to take a week off work (at least the lunch room) while he is gone because I don't have anyone to watch Ver2 and Ver3.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Well if you live in WA, I hear there is a crazy blue haired (last I saw) guy running around.

I used to have purple hair. We went to a birthday party and three of the moms had purple hair... As much trouble as I had finding a good purple dye I was surprised. Oh well, now it's at the mall.

Mavyn

Sorry about Orc's g-mom. Hope he can make it to see her.

One of my dear friends sports a mohawk. She changes colors sometimes, and lets her girls dye their hair if they want as well. She gets a LOT of glares from other moms.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
dontwantaname wrote:Couldn't you pour some liquid glass over them and encase them in a glass bubble?

yeaaaahhh... thing is, as much fun as it would be to have a tank of hot glass on hand for random nefarious purposes, there's no way I could afford the gas bill necessary to keep one running. and the laundry room probably isn't the best place to be setting up a hot shop either.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Sorry about Orc's g-mom. Hope he can make it to see her.

One of my dear friends sports a mohawk. She changes colors sometimes, and lets her girls dye their hair if they want as well. She gets a LOT of glares from other moms.

I wonder when society will get over it. I mean it's not like it's poor grooming, some of those styles take a lot of care, and coloring your hair can look really nice, even if it's not a natural color. Since I got my tattoo I've learned how much work those are too. Of course I've only had positive remarks on it, but I probably live in a little utopia in that world. Lots of people here have at least 1 tattoo or want to get one.

AZGman

Afternoon; beauty wooters.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon; beauty wooters.

Does that make you beast wooter?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Does that make you beast wooter?

In this crowd, yes.

AZGman

Woot seems to be having issues - at least from my perspective.

inkycatz

AZGman wrote:Woot seems to be having issues - at least from my perspective.

"issues" is unspecific.

AZGman

inkycatz wrote:"issues" is unspecific.

Not sure if it's woot or my connection; more fun to blame what I ain't payin' for.

KtCallista

Birthday cake in the oven. Orc running errands on the freshly plowed (I hope) roads. Getting all the little medical things he needs to fly.

AZGman

As good a time to call it a night as any.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Sorry abt. Orc's grandmother.

I never, ever liked using communal washers/dryers. I just think there is an ick factor that doesn't usually bother me. This is from someone who doesn't hesitate to hop in the communal hot tub or pool but the showers at the gym and pool really wig me out!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Didn't see one thrown.

didn't really need one. He was getting there on his own. Just slowly.

I'm learning to delegate better, and no matter how many times you "show" people, they have to learn by doing also.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

//grumble//
Finally got my Yahoo straightened out. Found some people online with the same problem. Now, though, when I start an address for somebody and type the first letter, it won't bring up a list for me to choose from.
//grumble//

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Got that ^^^^ straightened out. All's well with the world.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Got that ^^^^ straightened out. All's well with the world.

For now.

I'm just enjoying sitting around in my PJ's. Son is home next week.

Oh, I moved the cats feeding station. He eats on a tall TV stand . He sits on a cat tree and the food is on the stand next to it in son's room.
Son wants to put his keyboard where the cat eats. So I moved the stand and cat tree into daughters room.
The cat watched the entire thing.
I put the cat there when I was done, so he could see the food.

At dinner time the cat found me, ran upstairs and into son's room.
He was about to jump onto the cat tree when he saw it was gone.
He stopped in mid jump.
Stared at the empty space.
Stared at me.
Looked at me and made the most pitiful meow I ever heard!

So I picked him up and carried him to the food.

Again.

I wonder what will happen later tonight when he gets hungry again?

I wonder if Rusty will respect this new arrangement? The cat claimed ownership of son's room early in the cat/dog relationship.
Rusty can reach the cat food, but never tried.

I tried to stick it somewhere that would be hard to jump up on, but Rusty could get up there fairly easily .

Might try putting it in the basement. Could put a shelf up higher than Rusty can easily jump. Would be a pia to go feed the cat down there.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:For now.

I'm just enjoying sitting around in my PJ's. Son is home next week.

Oh, I moved the cats feeding station. He eats on a tall TV stand . He sits on a cat tree and the food is on the stand next to it in son's room.
Son wants to put his keyboard where the cat eats. So I moved the stand and cat tree into daughters room.
The cat watched the entire thing.
I put the cat there when I was done, so he could see the food.

At dinner time the cat found me, ran upstairs and into son's room.
He was about to jump onto the cat tree when he saw it was gone.
He stopped in mid jump.
Stared at me.
Looked at me and made the most pitiful meow I ever heard!

So I picked him up and carried him to the food.

Again.

I wonder what will happen later tonight when he gets hungry again?

I wonder if Rusty will respect this new arrangement? The cat claimed ownership of son's room early in the cat/dog relationship.
Rusty can reach the cat food, but never tried.

I tried to stick it somewhere that would be hard to jump up on, but Rusty could get up there fairly easily .

Might try putting it in the basement. Could put a shelf up higher than Rusty can easily jump. Would be a pia to go feed the cat down there.

Keep us informed.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Keep us informed.

I really should have recorded the poor cats reaction when he couldn't find his food.

Cats don't usually look defeated. They always have that "I meant to do that" look on their face.

Which is really strange since I put him next to the food dish after I moved it!

Damn cat had no clue where it went.
He watched me move it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

We're having an ice storm. Supposed to get between 1/4 and 1/3 inch of it overnight.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We're having an ice storm. Supposed to get between 1/4 and 1/3 inch of it overnight.

Ice storm. Not good. Lose internet. Lose power.
But if you don't and it is sunny tomorrow, it is really beautiful.

We are suppose to get 3 to 5 inches. Should be able to survive that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Ice storm. Not good. Lose internet. Lose power.
But if you don't and it is sunny tomorrow, it is really beautiful.

We are suppose to get 3 to 5 inches. Should be able to survive that.

Our weatherman divided ice storms into three categories: nuisance, disruptive, crippling. We're in the disruptive area.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Our weatherman divided ice storms into three categories: nuisance, disruptive, crippling. We're in the disruptive area.

If you have power, food and internet, you will be OK.
You don't have to go anywhere.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night all!

Hope everyone is well and has power tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Night all!

Hope everyone is well and has power tomorrow.

There have been "discussions" over which of us will go get the newspaper off the driveway in the morning.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Mavyn

Morning!

3-4 inches of snow. Will head out soon to shovel.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! It is 52 and raining. Feels like spring.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
It got cold over night, it was 77 yesterday

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Got some icy snow mix; roads look okay.

Mavyn

Four inches, still coming down. Cleared the drive and sidewalk, but can't tell now. Plow was through around 7:30.