KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:Well, g'night.

G'night!

It's only 4 here, I'm thinking I might need to go get a coffee.... but I just got home again.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Back from dinner. 44, feels like 39. Really windy and cold.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Back from dinner. 44, feels like 39. Really windy and cold.

I hope it was better received than last night's.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Three stops to find a simple clip style desk lamp. Sheesh. But! It is perfect, will now be able to sew any time, instead of just when there is natural light.

Now to pick a pattern and make something!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I hope it was better received than last night's.

Since he had the soup & salad bar, yes.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Three stops to find a simple clip style desk lamp. Sheesh. But! It is perfect, will now be able to sew any time, instead of just when there is natural light.

Now to pick a pattern and make something!

It's amazing how much patterns cost now.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
Turken wrote:If it's rainbows you want, here's another kid-friendly activity to consider. If you want to make it more academic, you can use the observed colors to calculate the thickness of the nail polish film.

We've also done this with spray paint as well as nail polish (and "scooped" the film from above rather than lifting from below) to decorate blown eggs and other objects with a fun swirled effect. Just make sure the water bucket is one you don't mind getting paint all over, and you have appropriate thinner for cleaning your hands.

Meh
I think I grew peas in paper towels when I was that age.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:It's amazing how much patterns cost now.

I've been playing with making my own. I'm not that good yet, but it's fun

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Meh
I think I grew peas in paper towels when I was that age.

I think that's the problem. All the books at the library are all gee science is cool! You can do neat things, see, it's like magic only we know it's science! Then they don't explain how or why any of the cool things happen, only that they do.

So you are stuck doing their "scripted" experiment and still not really learning anything. I'm sorry, I thought the point was to learn about scientific principles. Really, what we are going to end up doing is something I saw in a science center once, but I think she will at least understand why light refracts when it passes through a transparent object.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:It's amazing how much patterns cost now.

I have bunches. Have been buying them for years, haven't made many. Plus my mom has quilted for her whole life and will share. Can find a lot online for free, too. I have made one up, but it was pretty simple. A friend in Wyoming was a designer. She was amazing, gifted me with a gorgeous wall hanging. One of the only things still in storage.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I have bunches. Have been buying them for years, haven't made many. Plus my mom has quilted for her whole life and will share. Can find a lot online for free, too. I have made one up, but it was pretty simple. A friend in Wyoming was a designer. She was amazing, gifted me with a gorgeous wall hanging. One of the only things still in storage.

Did I miss something? I thought you were talking about clothing patterns. I have friends that quilt. A lot. Just can't get interested. I have one that my great-grandmother made, but it's tucked away.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all. Lots of sleep made up for the lack in the previous 36hrs. Rainy and cold now.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Did I miss something? I thought you were talking about clothing patterns. I have friends that quilt. A lot. Just can't get interested. I have one that my great-grandmother made, but it's tucked away.

Oh...no, quilt patterns. I don't sew much else. Have patterns for some aprons, and totems, but mostly I quilt. Well, that is the idea. Mostly, I buy fabric.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

101 pages and no lock yet?

move along

pooflady

j5 wrote:101 pages and no lock yet?

TT, Inky & D'name know we like to wait for Cruzer to start a new thread, even though he's not here much anymore. They'll cut us a little slack.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
j5 wrote:101 pages and no lock yet?

Learned my lesson last time, just sayin'!

I'm just hanging out, really.

j5

inkycatz wrote:Learned my lesson last time, just sayin'!

yeah, that was painful to watch.

move along

pooflady

j5 wrote:yeah, that was painful to watch.

Then why'd you ask?

ThunderThighs

Staff

inkycatz wrote:Learned my lesson last time, just sayin'!

Heh, lock is cool. Just wait for the brat Cruzer to come open the thread. He's such a brat. An absent brat too now that he got married.

Maybe sometime tomorrow during the day when there are more people to play last post.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:TT, Inky & D'name know we like to wait for Cruzer to start a new thread, even though he's not here much anymore. They'll cut us a little slack.

The brat.

//smack the absent brat

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

PS: Woot! Clue! in about 10 minutes in the Woot product thread! Come play!

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Fast game tonight. I agree, should use weird clues.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Fast game tonight. I agree, should use weird clues.

NO KIDDING! I was shocked. But yeah, gonna go back to weird clues. It appears they do slow them down.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

good morning all

last post

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn

Morning.

Windy and awful here. Stormed all night.

Friends in Ohio saw Aurora.

Not a shot in the last post.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Inky it is always time for muffins! Come on over and I'll stir some up.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Might take the comics that son kept from his dad's stuff to the comic book store today to get bags & boards for them. They're older so are different sizes. I'll let them figure it out.

Rain has stopped for a bit but due back tonight.

Last post.

FORUM MODERATOR

j5

pooflady wrote:Then why'd you ask?

Hey, I don't know anyone's schedule here. I don't follow you guys on FB or anything, Cruzer could have been just around the corner for all I know

Thank you Mario, but our Last Post is in another thread.

move along

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Hi everybody!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

g'morning wooters!

and... last post.

pooflady

Morning all. Sunny and windy today.

last post

j5

pooflady wrote:
last post

I doubt that.

move along

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
j5 wrote:I doubt that.

Yeah, I'll probably close the thread right before I go to a meeting later this morning... get those last posts in!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:Yeah, I'll probably close the thread right before I go to a meeting later this morning... get those last posts in!

But..but...

Oh piffle.

lp

[inky note: No one can reply so looks like you got the LP after all! Thread's closed! YAY!]