pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:It's a new year. Time for a new attitude. Don't make me pull out my Cat Attitude Adjustment squirt bottle on you.

Oh, please. Do it, do it, do it. Post pics.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
ThunderThighs wrote:It's a new year. Time for a new attitude. Don't make me pull out my Cat Attitude Adjustment squirt bottle on you.

If that's the worst thing to happen to me this year, then I'm happy.

I just know it won't be.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Oh, please. Do it, do it, do it. Post pics.

I get it.
bye.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I get it.
bye.

See, there you go reading too much into things again....

//squirt

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Going back to the mountains.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, I think son popped those blackeyed peas back like pills and swallowed them whole but they're down. Made sure he got at least 12 peas... one for each month. Maisy got her share too. Cat has so far refused.

I'm with the cat on that one.

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
klozitshoper wrote:Happy New Year about 24 hours late. Company leaving tomorrow and a couple of days to get ready for more. Weather has been gorgeous, but I do need to get a new pool heater and cleaner onboard. My own PT exercises are suffering as well.

Glad to see you Zea, also Poof, glad you are back. Ice, the fight sounds hilarious in a very sad way Been there, Seen that.

Here's wish good health and a lot of happiness to everyone in 2012.

Thanks! I'll try to be back more often.

If you need any info to help you pick out a new heater or cleaner, TFP is a good site for pool owners. Here are a couple of links.

pool cleaner threads

heater and other equipment threads

pooflady

zea3 wrote:Thanks! I'll try to be back more often.

If you need any info to help you pick out a new heater or cleaner, TFP is a good site for pool owners. Here are a couple of links.

pool cleaner threads

Zea, try John Sanford's Virgil Flowers series. Sort of mystery/action/adventure. Also Merline Lovelace's Samantha Spade series.

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

pooflady

Good morning all.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

morning...well, just barely!

Spent a week goofing off and a morning catching up. Last day off before going back to work--and will be working from home tomorrow, so really easing into it.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Exciting day for hubbys last day of vacation.
Car repair shop
Ace hardware
Storage unit store
and
apple store to get computer fixed...or most likely hand it over and never see it again.

Wish I could get the keyboard from this laptop and the screen of the new one. Don't care about the thickness. Although less weight is nice.

Looks like we were all correct in the decision of taking the outside Christmas stuff down yesterday. Much colder today and it rained last night. You don't want to pack up stuff that might be damp or wet.

Of course, as an Italian, it should be out till friday, but who knows what the weather would be next weekend.

it was high 40's and sunny yesterday!

Lots of folks did what I did. Left up the inside window stuff, so there is something to turn on at night.
Sort of depressing walking at night without the lights.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good morning all.

Yeah!!!!

Poof is back!!!!!!

Morning!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hi everyone....

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Because we have Christmas with the kids and grandkids this coming Sat., and because there was no place to put wrapped presents while I was supposedly having the big New Year's party here, today is wrapping day. I put a Post-it with a name on a package, husband wraps it, I put the tags on. I also assemble the clothing boxes.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Because we have Christmas with the kids and grandkids this coming Sat., and because there was no place to put wrapped presents while I was supposedly having the big New Year's party here, today is wrapping day. I put a Post-it with a name on a package, husband wraps it, I put the tags on. I also assemble the clothing boxes.

Sounds like a good system. We came home to one more box, so now Orc is glad that I insisted on still observing Jan 6 The kids are really excited that they get one more set of presents to open (and they had exactly enough at both of the other Christmases, we go slow and Ver3 was definitely done after each)

Mavyn

A momentous day..all of my books are unpacked and on shelves.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:A momentous day..all of my books are unpacked and on shelves.

Congrats!!! I have to box all mine up again in a couple months to clean, texture, and paint the walls behind the bookcases. Not looking forward to that, but it needs doing and will look amazing afterward.

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:Congrats!!! I have to box all mine up again in a couple months to clean, texture, and paint the walls behind the bookcases. Not looking forward to that, but it needs doing and will look amazing afterward.

I'll have to do the same at some point, since most of mine are in the unfinished attic--only the cookbooks are in the main part of the house.

I downsized my collection when I left Wyoming, and with the kindle, average 1-2 real books purchased per month, so slower accumulation is a good thing.

pooflady

Question. Do they make tab dividers that the tabs stick out farther than page protectors?

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Question. Do they make tab dividers that the tabs stick out farther than page protectors?

Like this?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:Exciting day for hubbys last day of vacation.
Car repair shop
Ace hardware
Storage unit store
and
apple store to get computer fixed...or most likely hand it over and never see it again.

Wish I could get the keyboard from this laptop and the screen of the new one. Don't care about the thickness. Although less weight is nice.

Looks like we were all correct in the decision of taking the outside Christmas stuff down yesterday. Much colder today and it rained last night. You don't want to pack up stuff that might be damp or wet.

Of course, as an Italian, it should be out till friday, but who knows what the weather would be next weekend.

it was high 40's and sunny yesterday!

Lots of folks did what I did. Left up the inside window stuff, so there is something to turn on at night.
Sort of depressing walking at night without the lights.

lots of places, those lights stay up all year!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Like this?

Exactly. Will go to Staples tomorrow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:A momentous day..all of my books are unpacked and on shelves.

Good job!

I just filed all the papers I stacked up on the new file cabinet all year.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:lots of places, those lights stay up all year!

Then when you turn them on the next year, they are broken.

Computer will return next week. Maybe. Unless it is totaled out, like a car.

Car scratch can be fixed for a reasonable amount. Or we can call the insurance on the hail storm damage and get the entire car painted. Immediately after it will be in an accident and get totaled out.

Parts bought at Ace and screen door now works again.

Ordered storage unit for sons apt stuff. Got a moving co that will deliver it directly there.

Rusty had his friend come over and got in a doggie play date. They found a bucket and had a nice tug of war over it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Whew! 47 presents wrapped, 2 to go. And some gift cards that need to be bought and put in boxes. Merry merry.

Iceback

F-i-l had a great day in physio today. It started out not so great but then he was told he had moved up and some of the stuff he hated doing was no more.You could see the change in his whole body and attitude when he was told that! He is almost strictly working on standing in a walker now. It does my heart good to see his progress!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:F-i-l had agreat day in physio today. It started out not so great but then he was told he had moved up and some of the stuff he hated doing was no more.You could see the change in his whole body and attitude when he was told that! He is almost strictly working on standing in a walker now. It does my heart good to see his progress!

Think it will convince him to stay until the end?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Whew! 47 presents wrapped, 2 to go. And some gift cards that need to be bought and put in boxes. Merry merry.

Good job!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

It is snowing!

AZGman

G'night, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:G'night, folks.

Have fun at work tomorrow

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

O my G
Chris Elliot just played a grandfather on tv.
He is younger than me.
He was just out of HS and I was out of college when I worked with him.

I just aged.
Plus someone guess my age as 3 years OLDER.

//sigh

I was carded for 18 until I was 22 and now, when I would love to look younger....nooooooooooo

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Need suggestions. The new ceramic tile floor in the dining room shows every crumb we sloppy people drop. I need a non-electric something to run over it frequently.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
zea3 wrote:Thanks! I'll try to be back more often.

pool cleaner threads

Thanks - will check it out. Weather forecast for SWFL for tomorrow night - 20's! I have been here for about 20 years and seen freezing temps in low 30's - but 20's? Egad, everything will freeze. Will worry about that next I guess.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Think it will convince him to stay until the end?

It's a week by week thing, if he feels he's improving he'll stay....That is unless my m-i-l doesn't spin out :/

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Need suggestions. The new ceramic tile floor in the dining room shows every crumb we sloppy people drop. I need a non-electric something to run over it frequently.

roomba

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Need suggestions. The new ceramic tile floor in the dining room shows every crumb we sloppy people drop. I need a non-electric something to run over it frequently.

non-electric would be a swiffer I suppose. Those work pretty well.

I don't know if there are any non-electric stick brooms that would work on tile? Although I found This one

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:It's a week by week thing, if he feels he's improving he'll stay....That is unless my m-i-l doesn't spin out :/

((hugs)) to you and Mrs. Ice. one day at a time