dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh well, I'm on emergency room hold.
Father in law is running a temp. Dr said give aspirin, wait two hours and take the temp again. If he still has one, go to the ER
F i l never just gets a temp. Everything he gets ends up in the hospital.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:Hello. Have two new dishes to try for dinner, trying to decide. One chicken, one ground beef. Both easy.

Chicken.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Oh well, I'm on emergency room hold.
Father in law is running a temp. Dr said give aspirin, wait two hours and take the temp again. If he still has one, go to the ER
F i l never just gets a temp. Everything he gets ends up in the hospital.

Good luck.

Same here. M-i-l passed out at the grocery store this afternoon. I'm just thanking my lucky starts it wasn't my week to take her. They'll keep her a couple of days, won't find anything. Pretty soon Kroger is going to ban her.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

inkycatz wrote:Chicken.

Husband picked the ground beef.

inkycatz

pooflady wrote:Husband picked the ground beef.

Well then post the chicken recipe!

I mean, you should see the scandalous things I eat.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good luck.

Same here. M-i-l passed out at the grocery store this afternoon. I'm just thanking my lucky starts it wasn't my week to take her. They'll keep her a couple of days, won't find anything. Pretty soon Kroger is going to ban her.

Oh, and hubby called to say he definitely has a hernia. He thought so, but the dr couldn't find it. Now it popped out.

This will be interesting. If we couldn't go on vacation, how will he have time for the operation?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:Well then post the chicken recipe!

As a mom, I will yell at you for eating that as a meal.

Bad mod!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/creamy-rice-chicken-spinach-90961.aspx

After reading the reviews, I'd use the Zesty Italian dressing and use a can of diced tomatoes w/basil. And probably chicken thigs.

inkycatz

dontwantaname wrote:As a mom, I will yell at you for eating that as a meal.

Bad mod!

Thank you.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

mmmm Pirate Booty......

but the coke zero, well that's just N A S T Y !

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

Ladies please keep your families intact! Bad news comes in 3s and I've already got 2 for my set, if you make it 4, then I have to wait for 2 more bad things!!!

Oh and if you or your spouse is ever going through cancer treatment and you have unrelated bad news DO NOT leave a voice mail that just says "call me back" in your most serious tone. I practically packed while pressing the call back button!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Off fil alert.
When I said you better call if anything goes wrong tonight, call.
She said she would call a cab.

//sigh pia old people

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Ladies please keep your families intact! Bad news comes in 3s and I've already got 2 for my set, if you make it 4, then I have to wait for 2 more bad things!!!

Oh and if you or your spouse is ever going through cancer treatment and you have unrelated bad news DO NOT leave a voice mail that just says "call me back" in your most serious tone. I practically packed while pressing the call back button!

What happened????

Yeah, just as bad is the obgyn leaving a message saying call right away, after one of daughters visits.

Ended up being a routine call when all the test results come in.
I yelled at him on my next visit!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:What happened????

Yeah, just as bad is the obgyn leaving a message saying call right away, after one of daughters visits.

Ended up being a routine call when all the test results come in.
I yelled at him on my next visit!

Did you not see my parents are coming here for a family friend's funeral after going to my great aunt's funeral on Monday?

When my mom called to tell me she just left the message "call me back". I thought the chemo wasn't working for dad or something, but he got permission to miss a treatment to come up for the funeral. He's trying to get all week off work as well.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Did you not see my parents are coming here for a family friend's funeral after going to my great aunt's funeral on Monday?

When my mom called to tell me she just left the message "call me back". I thought the chemo wasn't working for dad or something, but he got permission to miss a treatment to come up for the funeral. He's trying to get all week off work as well.

My dad did that. My grandmother was missing and my mom (on her way out the door) told him to call my sister and tell her. He did, but he said, "Mom's missing," because that's what he called her. My sister almost had a heart attack.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Did you not see my parents are coming here for a family friend's funeral after going to my great aunt's funeral on Monday?

Sorry about your losses, KtC.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:My dad did that. My grandmother was missing and my mom (on her way out the door) told him to call my sister and tell her. He did, but he said, "Mom's missing," because that's what he called her. My sister almost had a heart attack.

My dad got shot when I was in college. He called and asked me if I was happy to be alive. I swear if he'd left that on my answering machine I would have killed him!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Sorry about your losses, KtC.

Thanks Poof. Aunt Marjorie, I can wrap my head around. She's been on the slow road out for a long long time, but our friend, we just saw and she was so healthy, playing with the kids. She even walked out to the back 40 with my daughter! I've not quite had that sink in yet. Cold medicine isn't helping my brain function either.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Thanks Poof. Aunt Marjorie, I can wrap my head around. She's been on the slow road out for a long long time, but our friend, we just saw and she was so healthy, playing with the kids. She even walked out to the back 40 with my daughter! I've not quite had that sink in yet. Cold medicine isn't helping my brain function either.

((hugs))

sorry for your loss KTC

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:((hugs))

sorry for your loss KTC

Thanks kdc! I'm focusing on the good of getting to see my parents for now. I'm also glad that my dad is doing well enough with his treatment that he can take a day off to come up.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Thanks Poof. Aunt Marjorie, I can wrap my head around. She's been on the slow road out for a long long time, but our friend, we just saw and she was so healthy, playing with the kids. She even walked out to the back 40 with my daughter! I've not quite had that sink in yet. Cold medicine isn't helping my brain function either.

Sorry KtC

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Sorry KtC

thanks dname.

Anyone got any good plans for the weekend? Everyone here is sick.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:thanks dname.

Anyone got any good plans for the weekend? Everyone here is sick.

Will probably be going to the hospital tomorrow to visit m-i-l. Husband was planning on going to her house and planting her mums and turning off the outside water before this happened. Will probably still do it. Sunday will probably depend on whether she's coming home or not. Some proofing to finish up tonight. Might wrap a couple Christmas presents destined for PA in case I go up within the next few weeks.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Will probably be going to the hospital tomorrow to visit m-i-l. Husband was planning on going to her house and planting her mums and turning off the outside water before this happened. Will probably still do it. Sunday will probably depend on whether she's coming home or not. Some proofing to finish up tonight. Might wrap a couple Christmas presents destined for PA in case I go up within the next few weeks.

So you won't be here much ;)

I'm not ready to think about Christmas. I have Ver1's birthday coming up and I'm clueless what to get her for that, I'm even more clueless for Christmas. Ver2 likes everything, so she'll be just a matter of deciding what, Ver3 he's into most things too, so also easy. My extended family voted not to do presents at all this year, so that's less shopping I guess.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:So you won't be here much ;)

I'm not ready to think about Christmas. I have Ver1's birthday coming up and I'm clueless what to get her for that, I'm even more clueless for Christmas. Ver2 likes everything, so she'll be just a matter of deciding what, Ver3 he's into most things too, so also easy. My extended family voted not to do presents at all this year, so that's less shopping I guess.

KtC, sorry about you losses.

I'm doing afternoon f-i-l hospital duty tomorrow and Sunday nightshift.
The manager @ work asked if I could sit in on an important meeting with a contractor @ 8am Monday...as intrested as I am in the subject matter being discussed I'm afraid I wouldn't be too lucid by then.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:KtC, sorry about you losses.

I'm doing afternoon f-i-l hospital duty tomorrow and Sunday nightshift.
The manager @ work asked if I could sit in on an important meeting with a contractor @ 8am Monday...as intrested as I am in the subject matter being discussed I'm afraid I wouldn't be too lucid by then.

How is fil today? still on a bit of an upswing?

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:How is fil today? still on a bit of an upswing?

He's enjoying physical therapy, he knows it's a large part of his ticket out. He's having his ups and downs emotionally. He misses m-i-l and worries when she's not there.

kdccrosby

Going shopping tomorrow. Have to find a dress suitable for a Black Tie wedding reception.

*sigh*

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi everyone. Sorry for your loss KTC.

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:Going shopping tomorrow. Have to find a dress suitable for a Black Tie wedding reception.

*sigh*

Wow! Hanging with the 2%ers now?

Iceback

klozitshoper wrote:Hi everyone. Sorry for your loss KTC.

Good evening Klozit. Still in the west?

pooflady

Hello everybody I haven't talked to.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Hello everybody I haven't talked to.

Hiya Poof.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
Iceback wrote:Good evening Klozit. Still in the west?

Yup. Rode the ferry twice today - saw a couple of whales and a gorgeous rainbow surronded by clouds. Missing Florida heat though.

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:He's enjoying physical therapy, he knows it's a large part of his ticket out. He's having his ups and downs emotionally. He misses m-i-l and worries when she's not there.

sounds like he is doing rather well.

Thanks all for the kind thoughts.

Iceback

klozitshoper wrote:Yup. Rode the ferry twice today - saw a couple of whales and a gorgeous rainbow surronded by clouds. Missing Florida heat though.

Don't blame ya. I spent too many years in the cooler climate.

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:Yup. Rode the ferry twice today - saw a couple of whales and a gorgeous rainbow surronded by clouds. Missing Florida heat though.

Sounds lovely!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Always loved riding the ferries. Our favorite weekend day outing was to Whidbey Island with the dogs. There's a great dog-walking beach there.

Done the Underground Tour? Very touristy but still pretty cool.

Wineries?

Salty's on Alki used to be a nice restaurant with a GREAT view. Not sure how it is now but you might look it up.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry I can't keep up with all the goings on in the forum. KtC, sorry for your losses. Ice, glad FIL is keeping in the spirit of things. Poof, home MIL is ok. Same for your FIL, Dname.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry I can't keep up with all the goings on in the forum. KtC, sorry for your losses. Ice, glad FIL is keeping in the spirit of things. Poof, home MIL is ok. Same for your FIL, Dname.

So how's son doing this year? Still happy there?