klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:Need suggestions. The new ceramic tile floor in the dining room shows every crumb we sloppy people drop. I need a non-electric something to run over it frequently.



I have a swivel sweeper - as seen on TV, only I purchased one in Walgreens. Sometimes on TV there is a 2 for 1 price. Otherwise $39.00 each if I remember correctly. It is amazing in how it picks up, gets into corners, etc. Battery operated, push button to dump stuff from bottom. A really cheaply made item but good. I have also seen them for $29 in Walmart (in with the as seen on TV stuff, not the regular floor care things) and Ross. They run on a rechargeable battery. Bought one for daughter when out in Seattle to clean up kitty litter after changing box, and it works like a dream for her also..

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
kdccrosby wrote:((hugs)) to you and Mrs. Ice. one day at a time



Great news Ice.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I don't have enough non-carpet to help poof, sorry.

Just did a G+ hangout with the family in SC. The cousins don't really know each other and we are hoping to all get together for the 4th of July, lots of fun, but they got home late so our internet was getting laggy from the 5-8pm internet crowd, so we kept cutting out, but it was fun.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
klozitshoper wrote:Great news Ice.



Glad to hear he is improving Ice!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:F-i-l had a great day in physio today. It started out not so great but then he was told he had moved up and some of the stuff he hated doing was no more.You could see the change in his whole body and attitude when he was told that! He is almost strictly working on standing in a walker now. It does my heart good to see his progress!



One week at a time, but I'm sure it's nerve-wracking.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:I have a swivel sweeper - as seen on TV, only I purchased one in Walgreens. Sometimes on TV there is a 2 for 1 price. Otherwise $39.00 each if I remember correctly. It is amazing in how it picks up, gets into corners, etc. Battery operated, push button to dump stuff from bottom. A really cheaply made item but good. I have also seen them for $29 in Walmart (in with the as seen on TV stuff, not the regular floor care things) and Ross. They run on a rechargeable battery. Bought one for daughter when out in Seattle to clean up kitty litter after changing box, and it works like a dream for her also..



Is this for bare floors? What's Ross? Do you plug it into something after each use?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:One week at a time, but I'm sure it's nerve-wracking.



The next bill will come around the 10th I think, that'll be fun.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:The next bill will come around the 10th I think, that'll be fun.



yikes!

night all!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Is this for bare floors? What's Ross? Do you plug it into something after each use?



You might be able to get one anyplace they sell the as seen on TV stuff.
It not a new item anymore. Don't know if I've seen it lately.

It has a pop out battery that goes into a charger you plug directly into the wall.

It is cheaply made for the price you pay, but does work well.

We learned the tile problem after our first bathroom. Shows EVERYTHING. Parents use to make comments when they came over when the kids were small.

When we picked the next floor tile, I was actually pulling out hair and putting it onto the tile.
Also learned smooth tile is really slippery. 2nd bathroom tile has a rough surface.
No slip, no dirt shows until it is really bad.

It is a sealed tile, I'm thinking the natural ones would stain. Don't know. I guess if we look for tile again, I'll check.

I didn't think to tell you that.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Need suggestions. The new ceramic tile floor in the dining room shows every crumb we sloppy people drop. I need a non-electric something to run over it frequently.



I was told by a tile cleaning guy to vacuum your tile if you want to keep the grout cleaner longer. Sweeping just rubs the dirt and grunge into the grout. Get a small rechargeable vac.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:The next bill will come around the 10th I think, that'll be fun.



Good luck.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Good luck.



yeah.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:I was told by a tile cleaning guy to vacuum your tile if you want to keep the grout cleaner longer. Sweeping just rubs the dirt and grunge into the grout. Get a small rechargeable vac.



My grout's charcoal gray so I don't know as I have to worry about that.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:yeah.



You are an old guy, tell us, why make so much trouble paying for stuff you need?


You are 80, right?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night all.
Two mom days this week, tomorrow and Wed.

It was 50 yesterday and they are predicting under 20 on Wed.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:You are an old guy, tell us, why make so much trouble paying for stuff you need?



when you don't have a high paying job you have to husband your krugerrands.

you going to keep that ipad?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Sounds to me like you might be able to get No1's address if you're willing to part with the iPad.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all, back to work today.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all.

back to work I go

*sigh*

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning! Back to work for me as well. Should be slow, though.

Just snowed a little! Quick flurry, barely any accumulation and the skies are blue and clearing now, but big puffy flakes for about 10 minutes!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! It's cold and slippery and we had a little snow so no school. After we got past Asheville yesterday, it started snowing there. They had a chain of bad wrecks. I'm glad we missed it.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning all. It's up to 22, feels like 12, frigid degrees. Was 19 earlier.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good morning all. It's up to 22, feels like 12, frigid degrees. Was 19 earlier.



28, going down. Windy. So feels 19. Ugh.

Tomorrow will be colder.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning Wooters!

pooflady wrote:Sounds to me like you might be able to get No1's address if you're willing to part with the iPad.

except that he'd probably then go and open a PO box in the next town over just for the occasion.


Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

20, feels like 5 here. Brrr!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:Morning Wooters!

except that he'd probably then go and open a PO box in the next town over just for the occasion.



Yep.


Mom day #1.

See ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Happy New Year PWA peeps.


That is all.

move along

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
j5 wrote:Happy New Year PWA peeps.


That is all.



And also to you.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Afternoon PWA, sorry to those I may have offended on my last posting. I went back and edited as requested.

I've never heard that black eye peas are good luck when eaten on New Years. Is that a southern tradition or do people do it all around the country?

Ice, glad to hear that FIL is willing to stay longer at least for the time being.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lplady wrote:I've never heard that black eye peas are good luck when eaten on New Years. Is that a southern tradition or do people do it all around the country?

Here in the B-belt, it's collard greens and black-eyed peas, which my ethnic parents fully endorsed. We, on the other hand, have started our own New Year traditions based on modified existing ones.

Cheerio, I say.

move along

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
j5 wrote:Here in the B-belt, it's collard greens and black-eyed peas, which my ethnic parents fully endorsed. We, on the other hand, have started our own New Year traditions based on modified existing ones.

Cheerio, I say.



You eat Cheeriors for luck on New Year's? I'd never heard of that.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:You eat Cheeriors for luck on New Year's? I'd never heard of that.



Trader Joes has chocolate covered joe-ios...I'm on board!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:You eat Cheeriors for luck on New Year's? I'd never heard of that.



Cheeriors??

Warriors with pom poms??

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
AZGman wrote:Cheeriors??

Warriors with pom poms??



Superior Cheerios?

move along

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
lplady wrote:Afternoon PWA, sorry to those I may have offended on my last posting. I went back and edited as requested.

I've never heard that black eye peas are good luck when eaten on New Years. Is that a southern tradition or do people do it all around the country?

Ice, glad to hear that FIL is willing to stay longer at least for the time being.



In that case I'm glad I didn't back read! ;) Why did I schedule dentist appointments for the first day of return to school? Oh well, nothing like plunging back in with both feet I guess.

Is it Last Post time yet?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
lplady wrote:Afternoon PWA, sorry to those I may have offended on my last posting. I went back and edited as requested.

I've never heard that black eye peas are good luck when eaten on New Years. Is that a southern tradition or do people do it all around the country?

Ice, glad to hear that FIL is willing to stay longer at least for the time being.



wish I remembered what it was you said...

I think it is a southern thing.

I was told about a tradition I had never heard before. They cook a good steak or other high-end food right around midnight and make that the first thing eaten in the new year. Therefore, they will have more of that food than others during the year. I guess if you eat an expensive steak, you will have more money during the year? //shrug// It was a new one to me!

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
dontwantaname wrote:Yep.


Mom day #1.

See ya!


then again, maybe if you pre-load the ipad with a tracking app... even better, one that snaps pictures and auto uploads back to you. Except yours is an original ipad without front camera isn't it, so you still wouldn't get any pics of him before he wiped it clean.