Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

ha! SO was just told that he sounds like one of the Beatles...and is worried that it might be Ringo.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

No day crowd; can't hang for the night crowd.

g'night.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:

Albert?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Just got home from a busy day. Earlier than expected. Both grandsons decided on shoes in record time. Now there's proofing to do so I just put the coffee pot on.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Just got home from a busy day. Earlier than expected. Both grandsons decided on shoes in record time. Now there's proofing to do so I just put the coffee pot on.

go tell the menfolk and chilluns to hide, thar's proofin' to be done.

pooflady

no1 wrote:go tell the menfolk and chilluns to hide, thar's proofin' to be done.

Yep. And had my toes beautified this morning and within an hour had a big smudge. They WILL fix this tomorrow, they were supposed to be dry.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

We are back in the mountains and have mowed the grass at our house. It looked like a jungle in the backyard. Our renter that takes care of yards and dogs and that kind of stuff for us has a humongo aneurism and is supposed to quit smoking, drinking and lose weight to have surgery. Needless to say he didn't mow the grass while we were gone.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Good evening.

Just a drive-bye while taking a break from chores that I'm catching up on tonight.

Poof, sorry if I missed it when reading back but were the frozen chocolate souffles a hit with the family?

pooflady

joyner wrote:We are back in the mountains and have mowed the grass at our house. It looked like a jungle in the backyard. Our renter that takes care of yards and dogs and that kind of stuff for us has a humongo aneurism and is supposed to quit smoking, drinking and lose weight to have surgery. Needless to say he didn't mow the grass while we were gone.

And probably isn't going to be in the near future.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
AZGman wrote:No day crowd; can't hang for the night crowd.

g'night.

AZG - Hello, sorry to have missed you again. Hope all is going well for you.

Everybody else - Good evening. Ate out with a friend and ate way too much to sit at computer. Need to get busy and get some things done. Maybe back later.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

We went to wed special lobster dinner. Not bad. Might go again next week.
It was hubbies last meal before his colonoscopy. We have endless jello in the fridge for tomorrow!

Rusty was a bad dog.
There were no people up at the park, so the dog got to run.
Rusty found an empty plastic water bottle, which he will eat if he can.

After just a few minutes of running around, people started showing up. I grabbed him by the collar and put the leash on. While I had him I tried to get the bottle.
Rocky, the bulldog (low to the ground and square like a cinderblock) decided this was a perfect time to grab the bottle from Rusty.

So we had

Rusty with bottle in mouth. Me holding middle of bottle and Rocky on the other end of the bottle.

Rusty got mad, let go of the bottle and grabbed Rocky on the face. Bull dogs has lots of wrinkles to grab onto.

I pulled Rustys legs out from under him and he let go.
(which worked because rocky was still on his leash and his owner could hold him back. (leash wasn't being held when he grabbed the bottle.)

Rocky had two scratches near his eye and a small puncture hole (not very deep) on his neck.
So Rusty made him bleed. BAD DOG

The guy who owns Rocky is a social worker...notorious low pay. So I told him I would pay 1/2 or more of the vet if he goes.
When rusty got bit it was a visit and a shot.

The vet was closed. Hopefully by the time the guy gets home from work tomorrow, the scratches will be healing on their own.

Stupid dogs. Both of them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:We went to wed special lobster dinner. Not bad. Might go again next week.
It was hubbies last meal before his colonoscopy. We have endless jello in the fridge for tomorrow!

Rusty was a bad dog.
There were no people up at the park, so the dog got to run.
Rusty found an empty plastic water bottle, which he will eat if he can.

After just a few minutes of running around, people started showing up. I grabbed him by the collar and put the leash on. While I had him I tried to get the bottle.
Rocky, the bulldog (low to the ground and square like a cinderblock) decided this was a perfect time to grab the bottle from Rusty.

So we had

Rusty with bottle in mouth. Me holding middle of bottle and Rocky on the other end of the bottle.

Rusty got mad, let go of the bottle and grabbed Rocky on the face. Bull dogs has lots of wrinkles to grab onto.

I pulled Rustys legs out from under him and he let go.
(which worked because rocky was still on his leash and his owner could hold him back. (leash wasn't being held when he grabbed the bottle.)

Rocky had two scratches near his eye and a small puncture hole (not very deep) on his neck.
So Rusty made him bleed. BAD DOG

The guy who owns Rocky is a social worker...notorious low pay. So I told him I would pay 1/2 or more of the vet if he goes.
When rusty got bit it was a visit and a shot.

The vet was closed. Hopefully by the time the guy gets home from work tomorrow, the scratches will be healing on their own.

Stupid dogs. Both of them.

You know he's not allowed to have red Jello, right? And I can't remember about orange. Seems like there was another one.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:You know he's not allowed to have red Jello, right? And I can't remember about orange. Seems like there was another one.

It said nothing red. He bought orange.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Arghhh! Reporter sent me a job first thing this morning in notepad instead of PDF. Doesn't work from my end. Sent it again this afternoon and I just got around to printing it and it's portrait instead of landscape and I can't change a PDF file as far as I know.

80 pages of paper and toner wasted. Arghhhh!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:It said nothing red. He bought orange.

I just looked. A harvard site said no red, blue or purple jello. Nothing about orange.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

good evening all
our life saving portable a/c unit just arrived to augment the central air. I hooked it up and am now chillin'

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Iceback wrote:good evening all
our life saving portable a/c unit just arrived to augment the central air. I hooked it up and am now chillin'

First, you should click reply to your post. An awful lot of stuff there.

Second, your central air isn't working well or wasn't designed to work in the heat you're having?

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:I just looked. A harvard site said no red, blue or purple jello. Nothing about orange.

Are they doing him at an office or in the hospital? I always use to hear people going to doc's office but lately it seems as if most around here are going to outpatient hospital instead and I wasn't sure why.

pooflady

Everyone left?

pooflady

lplady wrote:Are they doing him at an office or in the hospital? I always use to hear people going to doc's office but lately it seems as if most around here are going to outpatient hospital instead and I wasn't sure why.

When they were doing flexible sigmoidoscopies, they did them in the office, but I've never heard of a colonoscopy in an office because of the anesthesia.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:First, you should click reply to your post. An awful lot of stuff there.

Second, your central air isn't working well or wasn't designed to work in the heat you're having?

1) I forgot how to add a link correctly so that's why the junk was there. I fixed that.
2) The central is working to the maximum of it's capacity. It just can't keep up to 110 degree days. I checked with others and many are having the same problem. My house is circa 1965 so the inefficient windows and lack of quality insulation aren't helping.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:When they were doing flexible sigmoidoscopies, they did them in the office, but I've never heard of a colonoscopy in an office because of the anesthesia.

I've had all of mine in the office.
I'm taking hubby to the office. Ugh, in the morning...I hate mornings.
I get to go in december.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

pooflady wrote:When they were doing flexible sigmoidoscopies, they did them in the office, but I've never heard of a colonoscopy in an office because of the anesthesia.

It's done around here all the time. They have the anesthesia for plastic surgeries in the surgical offices too. I was thinking the insurance might be getting too high in the city and that's why the doctors are choosing to opt for the hospital instead, but not sure if that's why.

pooflady

lplady wrote:It's done around here all the time. They have the anesthesia for plastic surgeries in the surgical offices too. I was thinking the insurance might be getting too high in the city and that's why they the doctors are choosing to opt for the hospital instead, but not sure if that's why.

I can't say that it's not done here, but the ones I know of are at a hospital (outpatient).

lplady

Iceback wrote:1) I forgot how to add a link correctly so that's why the junk was there. I fixed that.
2) The central is working to the maximum of it's capacity. It just can't keep up to 110 degree days. I checked with others and many are having the same problem. My house is circa 1965 so the inefficient windows and lack of quality insulation aren't helping.

You have my sympathies. I truly can't stand the heat anymore. Never bothered me until the past two years. Most likely due to medicines I take. The thought of moving south in a few years has totally gone off my radar. lol

pooflady

lplady wrote:You have my sympathies. I truly can't stand the heat anymore. Never bothered me until the past two years. Most likely due to medicines I take. The thought of moving south in a few years has totally gone off my radar. lol

We finally had a beautiful day today. It only went to 83 and the dewpoint's in the 50s.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We finally had a beautiful day today. It only went to 83 and the dewpoint's in the 50s.

80's here too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

Weather was great today here too, very breezy earlier. Went horseback riding and the horse was wonderfully frisky.

edit: Good night.

Iceback

lplady wrote:You have my sympathies. I truly can't stand the heat anymore. Never bothered me until the past two years. Most likely due to medicines I take. The thought of moving south in a few years has totally gone off my radar. lol

As much as I'm not enjoying this heat I certainly don't mind our 2 week winters

'night all

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:As much as I'm not enjoying this heat I certainly don't mind our 2 week winters

'night all

I'll keep my winters. Just being outside while painting has pretty much taken me out for the last 2 weeks.

Today was the worst, felt on the verge of blackout or passing out all day, very dizzy. Feeling better since dinner, might be coming out of it, I can only hope. Wanted to take the kids camping (just outside of town) so we can do some star gazing.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I'll keep my winters. Just being outside while painting has pretty much taken me out for the last 2 weeks.

Today was the worst, felt on the verge of blackout or passing out all day, very dizzy. Feeling better since dinner, might be coming out of it, I can only hope. Wanted to take the kids camping (just outside of town) so we can do some star gazing.

Hope you feel better.
Camping with toddlers doesn't sound like fun.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Hope you feel better.
Camping with toddlers doesn't sound like fun.

It's not that bad. The girls are pretty good and my mom and dad brought up the old tents we used camping so the kids just inherited a bigger tent. Ver3 is a little difficult, but we went over July 4 as well. Then another friend went and half the time we had 6 kids all artificially twined... two toddlers was interesting.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

See you all tomorrow!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

Good morning all.

KtC- I hope you feel better.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! More mowing today and a meeting tonight. The temperature is an incredible 64 this morning. Asheville is supposed to be on Good Morning America as one of the 10 most beautiful places in the US. I think it is this morning.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning y'all

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.