dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm watching that coupon show.
Who needs 150 bottles of ice tea?
This is a combination of OCD and hoarding.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Evening

made emergency visit to the eye doctor today. Felt like I had glass or rocks in my eye. HURT.

I have a viral infection. Have to put drops in eye 9 times a day and go back tomorrow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Evening

made emergency visit to the eye doctor today. Felt like I had glass or rocks in my eye. HURT.

I have a viral infection. Have to put drops in eye 9 times a day and go back tomorrow.

Ouch!
Will it be OK?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:Evening

Ouch! I hope it heals fast!

dname- I agree about the couponing. I barely have room to store a Costco run, forget that stuff! Do they buy an extra huge house to dedicate rooms to storing the stuff they probably wouldn't have bought anyway?

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Ouch! I hope it heals fast!

dname- I agree about the couponing. I barely have room to store a Costco run, forget that stuff! Do they buy an extra huge house to dedicate rooms to storing the stuff they probably wouldn't have bought anyway?

Stuff that will expire!
Yes, every one I watched has had the basement filled with stuff.
Like hundreds of dental floss.
Plus, lets face it, healthy stuff, like fruits, don't have coupons.

I've only seen 2 or 3 of the show.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:Ouch!
Will it be OK?

Yeah, I think so. I'll be honest though, her concern made me nervous. It will be fine but it was more serious than I was thinking I guess. I thought I had pink eye or something.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Yeah, I think so. I'll be honest though, her concern made me nervous. It will be fine but it was more serious than I was thinking I guess. I thought I had pink eye or something.

Yeah, doctor's concern is scary.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Got my new flatware today. Nice.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Got my new flatware today. Nice.

Hope you don't loose random pieces!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hope you don't loose random pieces!

There used to be an Oneida outlet store about two hours away and they frequently had my pattern in open stock, so I picked up extras occasionally. Unfortnately, they've closed all their outlet stores. Buying any of it by the piece, whether Oneida's website or o eBay, is really expensive.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Got my new flatware today. Nice.

How many did you end up getting? 12 servings?

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:How many did you end up getting? 12 servings?

Yep. I knew I had some extra knives, so I counted today. 14. So I now have 26 knives. That should do it.

What confuses me, though, is that what I've always thought of as soup spoons, they call dinner spoons. Do you use those when you set the table?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yep. I knew I had some extra knives, so I counted today. 14. So I now have 26 knives. That should do it.

What confuses me, though, is that what I've always thought of as soup spoons, they call dinner spoons. Do you use those when you set the table?

If you are having soup.
Since they are updating names, so they call tea spoons, coffee spoons???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Yep. I knew I had some extra knives, so I counted today. 14. So I now have 26 knives. That should do it.

hmm... I just call them the big spoon.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:hmm... I just call them the big spoon.

What oi you have demitasse spoons? Do the tea spoon then get called medium?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

big spoon, little spoon, and the long handled spoon (never can have too many of those, useful buggers!)

that's the other problem with couponing dname, all processed crap that my kids are allergic too and makes ya fat. Although dental floss I don't think would be too miserable. Of course I was strangled on the school yard with dental floss in elementary school and it's only been in the last decade that I dealt with that issue. I'm ok with it now though.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:big spoon, little spoon, and the long handled spoon (never can have too many of those, useful buggers!)

that's the other problem with couponing dname, all processed crap that my kids are allergic too and makes ya fat. Although dental floss I don't think would be too miserable. Of course I was strangled on the school yard with dental floss in elementary school and it's only been in the last decade that I dealt with that issue. I'm ok with it now though.

I think all those shows are so you sit there and think, well I'm not that bad off.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

OK guys, see you tomorrow!

all right, I lie....see you later today!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Jeez, just read back and I'd missed all the stuff about your eye. So sorry. Did the doc say how soon it should clear up?

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:I think all those shows are so you sit there and think, well I'm not that bad off.

Oh well then I must be doing great! I never watch any of those shows!

If I had a basement, it'd be the hang out space where they kids could comfortably have friends... or that's the goal.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:OK guys, see you tomorrow!

all right, I lie....see you later today!

sheesh, I just got the oldest two in bed... of course the oldest had to stay up late because she couldn't find her 4H folder and I need to take it to the fairgrounds.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Jeez, just read back and I'd missed all the stuff about your eye. So sorry. Did the doc say how soon it should clear up?

She acted like I was going to have to take the drops for 30 days. The abrasion on my cornea could either be a healing line, or from a virus. Since my eye was only slightly agitated, and some other reason that I can't remember, I was diagnosed with the virus.

should get better soon. resting it today helped a lot. course that led to a nap and now I can't sleep

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:She acted like I was going to have to take the drops for 30 days. The abrasion on my cornea could either be a healing line, or from a virus. Since my eye was only slightly agitated, and some other reason that I can't remember, I was diagnosed with the virus.

should get better soon. resting it today helped a lot. course that led to a nap and now I can't sleep

Ugh! I hate eye drops.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Cool a wootoff! I made this for breakfast. If you smart people could make it clickable, I would appreciate it! I have no idea why it is called a dutch baby.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1818,155178-242206,00.html

edit: Good grief Kid! Hope your eye ball gets better quickly!

KdC have had a chance to open your new sewing machine and serger?

Edit:Hi it's d'name, clickable is easy. Just add [ u r l ] the www part then [/ u r l ]
if it is a picture you can put [ i m g ] [ / i m g ]

I don't know how to say something that you click and get there. maybe TT can show us......again.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Cool a wootoff! I made this for breakfast. If you smart people could make it clickable, I would appreciate it! I have no idea why it is called a dutch baby.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1818,155178-242206,00.html

edit: Good grief Kid! Hope your eye ball gets better quickly!

KdC have had a chance to open your new sewing machine and serger?

According to Sunset magazine, Dutch babies were introduced in the first half of the 1900s at Manca’s Cafe, a family-run restaurant in Seattle owned by Victor Manca. While these pancakes are derived from a German pancake dish, it is said that the name Dutch baby was coined by one of Victor Manca’s daughters. It is thought by some that the “Dutch” moniker refers to the group of German-American immigrants known as the Pennsylvania Dutch, where “Dutch” is a corruption of the German ”deutsch.”

I always called them apple german pancakes. They are tasty--one of the first things we made in home-ec class.

Morning!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
Mavyn wrote:I always called them apple german pancakes. They are tasty--one of the first things we made in home-ec class.

Morning!

I had read the stuff about the restaurant and the dutch baby but I had forgotten it. Thanks!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kdccrosby wrote:She acted like I was going to have to take the drops for 30 days. The abrasion on my cornea could either be a healing line, or from a virus. Since my eye was only slightly agitated, and some other reason that I can't remember, I was diagnosed with the virus.

I scratched a cornea about 15 yrs ago, had to have those drops. Took them exactly as prescribed, and even now, that eye bothers me sometimes from feeling too dry. Apparently the sligth scarring causes it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So, I wasn't insane. It said woot off on my calendar, then, no woot off.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:I scratched a cornea about 15 yrs ago, had to have those drops. Took them exactly as prescribed, and even now, that eye bothers me sometimes from feeling too dry. Apparently the sligth scarring causes it.

I'm still lubing up the eyeball after more than 10 years. Only if it is dry out.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Morning everyone.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Morning everyone.

Hi!

Mom day, gotta get Rusty out for his walk.
See you tonight.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

Hi everyone.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Hi everyone.

Hi. Did you stay home today because of your eye?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:I'm still lubing up the eyeball after more than 10 years. Only if it is dry out.

//does not want to picture dname lubing up balls

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
KtCallista wrote:...Of course I was strangled on the school yard with dental floss in elementary school and it's only been in the last decade that I dealt with that issue. I'm ok with it now though.

That dish of revenge was served really really cold, eh?

move along

pooflady

Okay, now I'm mad. We had three estimates for a new furnace/heat pump. All three said we needed to go from a 2 1/2 ton to a 3 ton because of the new room addition. We decided to go with the highest price, just because they have a really good reputation and are high on Angie's list. I called, the guy's out of town, but a different guy (with the same last name as the company) came today to sign the papers. This guy measured every door, window and room in the house. Same price, BUT said we had to have larger ductwork installed for additional price. Plus wants our contractor to tear out the ceiling in the basement and frame in the new ductwork. I'm trying to balance the reputation against the feeling of being conned. I refused to sign anything.

sleekhare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleekhare

Just dropping in to be nosey (ow, eye scratches!) and drop off a little story:

The lady who does my mother's nails has an Asian-redneck accent. Who'd have thunk it? I'm so tickled pink at this.

Have an amazing eventing.