KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:No, we were going to visit with him and his family on our way back from San Antonio/Austin so I'm not sure what will happen with that now. It will depend on whether Mrs. Ice's Aunt and cousins are up to it when the time comes.It a couple of weeks off yet.It looks like the funeral will be this weekend.
Coincidently it's my daughter's 3rd anniversary today.

I'm so sorry Ice! Condolences to all of your family.

My Grandad died on my 1 week anniversary. I didn't find out for 3 weeks. We were ok.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
63 degrees with an expected high of 77. Thunderstorms supposed to arrive before noon.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Rain today so we have errands to run.

joyner

Iceback wrote:Not a good day. Mrs Ice lost another uncle, a real good guy. That's 3 in less than a year.

Hate to hear that. (hugs) to Mrs. Ice.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Sorry to hear that, Ice, condolences.

Guys are bringing in my brand new fridge right NOW!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

Mavyn wrote:Morning.

Sorry to hear that, Ice, condolences.

Guys are bringing in my brand new fridge right NOW!

Yeah, now you can cook!

AZGman

joyner wrote:Yeah, now you can cook!

Curious - I can't cook with my fridge!!

But I can cool with it!!

//snerk//

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
AZGman wrote:Curious - I can't cook with my fridge!!

But I can cool with it!!

//snerk//

Mine just freezes everything. we have a styrofoam cooler for our milk right now.

Mavyn

The milk has been sitting in the garage, in a bucket of snow.

Tried the stove out...went the easy route and made a thing of canned biscuits. They're not great, but proved the stove works. Think it might be a little low.

More importantly, will have ice cubes for cocktails tonight. :D

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:The milk has been sitting in the garage, in a bucket of snow.

Tried the stove out...went the easy route and made a thing of canned biscuits. They're not great, but proved the stove works. Think it might be a little low.

More importantly, will have ice cubes for cocktails tonight. :D

As long as you have your priorities straight!

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Morning all. Raining. Supposed to rain all day. Supposed to rain all night. Checking ark blueprints.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Morning all. Raining. Supposed to rain all day. Supposed to rain all night. Checking ark blueprints.

Might be a bit late checking the blueprints now!

AZGman

Josephus wrote:Mine just freezes everything. we have a styrofoam cooler for our milk right now.

We have a similar problem with ours - won't maintain a constant temp

I hate GE!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:We have a similar problem with ours - won't maintain a constant temp

I hate GE!

Ours is GE. It has been ok, by no means great.
When we get a new fridge, this one won't be going into the basement.
Most likely, we will buy a cheaper fridge for the basement.

The current basement fridge is over 30 years old and missing shelves.
It was mostly for soda when son was home with his friends.

If the kids don't move back, we can most likely survive with just one of the dorm fridges down there.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Ours is GE. It has been ok, by no means great.
When we get a new fridge, this one won't be going into the basement.
Most likely, we will buy a cheaper fridge for the basement.

The current basement fridge is over 30 years old and missing shelves.
It was mostly for soda when son was home with his friends.

If the kids don't move back, we can most likely survive with just one of the dorm fridges down there.

If the kids don't move back . . . before when?

Mavyn

We thought about getting a cheap fridge and then replacing it with this one down the line, but decided we'd rather have on that makes us happy to start. I've never liked the freezer-on-top style (I'm tall, squatting over to get out food is absurd), and the side-by-sides make it tough to chill larger pans for cookies. The french door style is great--takes up less floor space for opening doors, good drawers for the freezer, and the slim line, in the door ice cube maker so we don't lose shelf space.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:If the kids don't move back

HAHAHAHAHA

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:We thought about getting a cheap fridge and then replacing it with this one down the line, but decided we'd rather have on that makes us happy to start. I've never liked the freezer-on-top style (I'm tall, squatting over to get out food is absurd), and the side-by-sides make it tough to chill larger pans for cookies. The french door style is great--takes up less floor space for opening doors, good drawers for the freezer, and the slim line, in the door ice cube maker so we don't lose shelf space.

Love me french doors. Not too thrilled with the freezer. It's like having an chest freezer, have to dig through things. Really glad we put the old fridge in the garage so I can use that freezer space a lot.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Love me french doors. Not too thrilled with the freezer. It's like having an chest freezer, have to dig through things. Really glad we put the old fridge in the garage so I can use that freezer space a lot.

Bottom freezer with the draw?

Hubby and son never bother to bend down to see what is in the fridge.

It seems that stuff would get lost in the draw type freezer.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Bottom freezer with the draw?

Hubby and son never bother to bend down to see what is in the fridge.

It seems that stuff would get lost in the draw type freezer.

DRAWER

AZGman

pooflady wrote:DRAWER

Thank-you!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:DRAWER

What about underpants? How do you spell that one?

Fussy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:What about underpants? How do you spell that one?

Fussy.

u-n-d-e-r-p-a-n-t-s or -w-e-a-r

sometimes called d-r-a-w-e-r-s

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
AZGman wrote:We have a similar problem with ours - won't maintain a constant temp

I hate GE!

Frigidaire

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Whew. Things are finally calming down a bit. Went to bed at 9pm last night. Still feel like I could sleep another 8 hours easily though.

My fridge is a Sears (not sure on manufacturer) side-by-side. I don't like drawer/chest freezers. I know I'd forget the bottom stuff.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Whew. Things are finally calming down a bit. Went to bed at 9pm last night. Still feel like I could sleep another 8 hours easily though.

My fridge is a Sears (not sure on manufacturer) side-by-side. I don't like drawer/chest freezers. I know I'd forget the bottom stuff.

Prolly a Kenmore.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I have nothing to say. Pushed the post button by mistake.
That is all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:I have nothing to say. Pushed the post button by mistake.
That is all.

mabe you could ask a mod to delete it for you.

pooflady

Ours is an LG.

If I ever built a house I'd have a refrigerator and a freezer side by side. Not one side-by-side, two units. My mother and my sister had a White-Westinghouse fridge that was all refrigerator. They stopped making them for a while but I notice some are back in the stores. Don't remember the manufacturer.

Mavyn

I have an upright freezer that will be moved downstairs at some point, so the freezer in the kitchen will mostly be used for ice and convenience things for kids. But really, the drawers are more functional for me--I have having things so packed that you can't see what's in back, and that happens with the standard freezer or the side by sides.

Oh...and this is an LG. We looked at the Kitchen Aid model, too, but ultimately the shipping time killed that. No where had it in stock, and soonest delivery dates were end of March.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Prolly a Kenmore.

yes but Kenmore is just a label, not a manufacturer.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I have an upright freezer that will be moved downstairs at some point, so the freezer in the kitchen will mostly be used for ice and convenience things for kids. But really, the drawers are more functional for me--I have having things so packed that you can't see what's in back, and that happens with the standard freezer or the side by sides.

Oh...and this is an LG. We looked at the Kitchen Aid model, too, but ultimately the shipping time killed that. No where had it in stock, and soonest delivery dates were end of March.

We have an upright in the basement we're getting rid of. It's 41 years old. Problem was, I could never remember it. Stuff sat there for a long, long time.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:yes but Kenmore is just a label, not a manufacturer.

Hmm. I didn't know that! Possible makers of Kenmore "brand" appliances.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:I have nothing to say.

You say this a lot!

//snerk//

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Hmm. I didn't know that! Possible makers of Kenmore "brand" appliances.

That's really interesting. Course, that still doesn't tell you if they're making it the same.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:That's really interesting. Course, that still doesn't tell you if they're making it the same.

True. But knowing who did allows you to research reliability and pricing of the appliance.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:True. But knowing who did allows you to research reliability and pricing of the appliance.

For my fridge, I looked up the reliability of the different models I was interested in and the Kenmore I went with had one of the top ratings. And it was on sale. Haven't had any problem so far.

//knock knock knock

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:For my fridge, I looked up the reliability of the different models I was interested in and the Kenmore I went with had one of the top ratings. And it was on sale. Haven't had any problem so far.

//knock knock knock

You know that you will go home to warm food, since you said that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:You know that you will go home to warm food, since you said that.

With my luck lately, I'm just happy that my house is still there when I pull around the corner.

FORUM MODERATOR