cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

continue on.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

First post - me, me.

Oh, yeah, nice place. Was this a foreclosure?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:First post - me, me.

Oh, yeah, nice place. Was this a foreclosure?



Probation for saying 1st post!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Probation for saying 1st post!



Pftt.

You have a question on Yammer.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
pooflady wrote:First post - me, me.

Oh, yeah, nice place. Was this a foreclosure?



Nah. Just a rental home.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
cruzer wrote:Nah. Just a rental home.



So nothing in here is ours?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
pooflady wrote:So nothing in here is ours?



It was a rental. I did the best I could with th place.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
cruzer wrote:It was a rental. I did the best I could with th place.



Okay. So if we don't have hot water some day, we call you? Or some night.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Okay. So if we don't have hot water some day, we call you? Or some night.



The entire PM thread is gone. I didn't do it.
I didn't read it today. Son used my computer, but I don't see how he could have deleted it, if it wasn't on the screen.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:The entire PM thread is gone. I didn't do it.
I didn't read it today. Son used my computer, but I don't see how he could have deleted it, if it wasn't on the screen.



It was like this last night.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It was like this last night.



Weird.

Off to sleep now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
This place must have been rented out to a bunch of college kids but thanks Cruzer.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Maybe Cruzer should get the carpet cleaned. Some new paint would help too. I like to mask off stuff with the blue tape.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Moving day. 6 inches of snow. More coming down.

Sigh.

Going to pack some stuff, I guess...delayed pick up of the truck. No point in wrecking whilst moving.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Pau Hana!

A Hawai'ian themed PWA? I'm back then!

But seriously, I've been neglecting PWAing for a while. Think I'll stay around for the morning and catch up.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
AZGman wrote:Mornin'.



You get the holiday? Happy President's Day!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
joyner wrote:You get the holiday? Happy President's Day!



I remember, back in the 60s, we had both Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays off!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
AZGman wrote:I remember, back in the 60s, we had both Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays off!



We didn't get either in SC.

edit: Didn't get Columbus day either.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AZGman wrote:I remember, back in the 60s, we had both Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays off!



Lucky you. I am at work, and I have to teach as well...

At least it's not snowing and the pile of work is smaller than last week.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

It's dark and dreary and drizzly. All of which leads me to believe it's naptime.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It's dark and dreary and drizzly. All of which leads me to believe it's naptime.


Rusty loves it.
Got a few inches.
Snow blower decided it didn't want to blow. Just push and every once in awhile belch a glob of snow out a few feet.
So, had to do it by hand.
The town stopped using it's new brine solution that worked so nice. i guess it ran out of money. We are back to sand.
I hate sand.
Gets everywhere in the house, even wiping the dogs feet and taking off the shoes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Lucky you. I am at work, and I have to teach as well...

At least it's not snowing and the pile of work is smaller than last week.



State school and you have to work?

Not sure if son had school. He did come down for only 24 hours, so, maybe.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Great nap -- for 20 minutes until the phone rang. //grumble//



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I have worked my way through a huge pile of mail. Paid the few bills that aren't drafted, answering the ones that require an answer.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Great nap -- for 20 minutes until the phone rang. //grumble//



20 minutes is better than no minutes.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:State school and you have to work?

Not sure if son had school. He did come down for only 24 hours, so, maybe.



Our school has never got it off. I'm off only because it's my regular day of freedom.

In the end only kindness matters

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:State school and you have to work?

Not sure if son had school. He did come down for only 24 hours, so, maybe.



Yup. Work work work...

Both kids were off today and the weather's not great, so I expect them all to be strung out when I get home.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Yup. Work work work...

Both kids were off today and the weather's not great, so I expect them all to be strung out when I get home.



Or you could have been with them all day and then all of you would have been strung out by that time.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

G'Afternoon PWA!

gotta love that fresh thread smell, airing out all the old BS to make room for the new


AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Well, that stunk. Must be an impending woot-off, mebbe.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Turken wrote:G'Afternoon PWA!

gotta love that fresh thread smell, airing out all the old BS to make room for the new



Hi, Turk. Got snow?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Hmm, in the course of an hour, the forecast went from 90% chance rain/sleet to 100% chance sleet/snow - with up to 2 inches accumulation by morning. joy.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Hmm, in the course of an hour, the forecast went from 90% chance rain/sleet to 100% chance sleet/snow - with up to 2 inches accumulation by morning. joy.



Eww. We're supposed to have rain, sleet and snow this evening and then sleet and snow overnight, but less than a half inch.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
pooflady wrote:Hi, Turk. Got snow?



not really much of anything here. just a dusting and some freezing rain. although there is a weather advisory saying maybe some accumulation later tonight?


SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:Or you could have been with them all day and then all of you would have been strung out by that time.



I wish I could. But those kids in the class just don't seem to learn as well by themselves.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:I wish I could. But those kids in the class just don't seem to learn as well by themselves.



really? Our school superintendent wants to lay off 30% of the teachers and have high school students take at least 3 of their classes through online learning.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Someone posted this on facebook today - I got a kick out of it...

Are you sick of highly paid teachers?

Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or10 months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - babysit!

We can get that for less than minimum wage.



That's right. Let's give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan-- that equals 6 1/2 hours).



Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET'S SEE....

That's $585 X 180= $105,300

per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).



What about those special

education teachers and the ones with Master's degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an

hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute -- there's

something wrong here! There sure is!

The average teacher's salary

(nation wide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days

= $277.77/per day/30

students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student--a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!) WHAT A DEAL!!!!



Make a teacher smile; repost this to show appreciation for all educators.

DJTweekNYC


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
kdccrosby wrote:Someone posted this on facebook today - I got a kick out of it...

Are you sick of highly paid teachers?

Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or10 months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - babysit!

We can get that for less than minimum wage.



That's right. Let's give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan-- that equals 6 1/2 hours).



Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET'S SEE....

That's $585 X 180= $105,300

per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).



What about those special

education teachers and the ones with Master's degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an

hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute -- there's

something wrong here! There sure is!

The average teacher's salary

(nation wide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days

= $277.77/per day/30

students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student--a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!) WHAT A DEAL!!!!



Make a teacher smile; repost this to show appreciation for all educators.



This is clever.

Back To Top