quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

Headphonies web site from Mobi

http://www.getmobi.com/headphonies.php

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

I think it's pretty creepy where they have decided to put the jack plug

mcmaggie1501

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mcmaggie1501

Does anyone know how this would do playing an audiobook off a Sansa at bedtime for the kiddies? I am seeing free time in my future!

wootfertexas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootfertexas

My Granddaughter recieved this for Christmas. The sound is a bit tiny of corse but clear and loud. Can clearly hear the lyrics of the music.

She lost it already.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance

This product reminds me very much of the DIY desk speakers I made a while ago, if anyone is interested in investing in a high quality (albeit much more expensive)audio project, I'd recommend taking a look at this great guide. http://www.instructables.com/id/Munny-Speakers/

This little soccer dude does look awesome though!

Rake This![/url]

anicolew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages anicolew

I think the wire is longer than the actual speaker, although it looks a bit thin. This one is not for girls.

chubbywoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chubbywoo

If this is for USA, why the tricolor? Looks like it's wearing a French flag from behind.

JessiB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JessiB

http://www.spankystokes.com/2008/12/headphonies-review.html

The above is a review done for a different design. There's a video in there comparing the sound with an iPod dock.

Micing

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Micing

How do you eat or talk if you have a soccer ball for a head? That freaks me out. But I like where the plug goes.

bcbird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcbird

I got a different model of this, and its worked good for me so far. Battery may be a bit underpowered, but I definitely recommend it. especially when your getting it for 75% off here

ZanduarMagnus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ZanduarMagnus

I wonder if KidRobot, the maker of Dunny dolls, would call this a rip off or a homage.

Rhoxtar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rhoxtar

These are so cute, and perfect for my little boy. I just can't decide if I should get 1, 2, or 3. Having some backups may be nice...

missvonniev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missvonniev
anicolew wrote:I think the wire is longer than the actual speaker, although it looks a bit thin. This one is not for girls.

Girls don't play soccer?

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS

You cram the audio jack where?!

cotterpinx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cotterpinx

Hrm. Trying to decide if a couple of these might fix a problem for me. When we travel on long car trips, I bring along one of these (Audiovox Portable 10” LCD TV with DVD Player & In-Car Mounting Kit) -- an ancient WOOT that's still trucking along.

We almost never play actual DVDs though -- I have a iPod Touch loaded up w/Nick Jr and PBS Kids shows that i've recorded using my PC-based DVR (which, incidentally, is powered by the equally ancient and still fabulous former WOOT "Adaptec Dual TV Tuner-Remote Control for XP Media Center") and converted to H.264 format. I've got a cable to connect the Touch to the DVD player inputs. Voila! Large screen, both kids can watch, DD6 can use the Touch as a remote to control playback. Problem is the audio levels on the TV shows are low. Not a big deal when watching them on the actual TV at home -- just crank the volume a little. But poor little DVD player doesn't have the speaker power. Kids have a hard time hearing it over the car noise.

SO -- I'm wondering if I should get a couple of these, plus an audio splitter. Plug the audio input part of the cable into the splitter, then position/attach one of these guys on each kid's car seat closer to their ears. I think a 16" cord would probably work. I guess I can get a slightly longer audio cord if necessary. Might fix the problem!

I'm trying to avoid dealing with headphones, both for the "you'll blow your eardrums out, kid!" issues and also because the other kid is only 2 and wouldn't keep them on anyway. (Or would tangle them, etc.)

HMM!

It's also possible that my love of connecting stuff together to make more stuff is getting a little bit out of control. :-)

txcruiser

quality posts: 3 Private Messages txcruiser
cotterpinx wrote:*SNIP*
I'm trying to avoid dealing with headphones, both for the "you'll blow your eardrums out, kid!" issues and also because the other kid is only 2 and wouldn't keep them on anyway. (Or would tangle them, etc.)

*SNIP* :-)

I had the same issue with my 2 Yr. old, I bought a neckrest pillow speaker, works great, I found them for about 10.00. here is a example.

http://gadget.brando.com/neck-rest-cushion-with-speaker_p00892c038d001.html

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs

thank goodness for spray paint! in for 3.

(>.<)\m/

k0ugs

noblehappenstance wrote:This product reminds me very much of the DIY desk speakers I made a while ago, if anyone is interested in investing in a high quality (albeit much more expensive)audio project, I'd recommend taking a look at this great guide. http://www.instructables.com/id/Munny-Speakers/

This little soccer dude does look awesome though!

thanks for the link! but man i hate instructables.com

(>.<)\m/

gthakral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gthakral

Do not buy. The speaker works fine for about two weeks. Then it has a clicking noise that make its useless. Also these speakers are not good for low volume sounds. I will not buy this product ever again.

karadi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages karadi

~please stop thinking dirty now~

Wish it had one hole in the front, so one can listen to music as it's being charged.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Mobi Striker Headphonies Mini Portable Speaker has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

k0ugs

jnevil wrote:**Shipping Update**

Mobi Striker Headphonies Mini Portable Speaker has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

mine arrived today.. pretty neat little guy

(>.<)\m/

k0ugs

gthakral wrote:Do not buy. The speaker works fine for about two weeks. Then it has a clicking noise that make its useless. Also these speakers are not good for low volume sounds. I will not buy this product ever again.

according to the instructions, mobi does include a 90 day warranty against defects. two weeks is far short of 90 days and a replacement would have been issued.

(>.<)\m/