kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Hey Daj - The Today Show is going to talk about the Wedding Dance couple this morning - I think they are going to interview them again.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.



*sigh* more work today.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:morning all.



*sigh* more work today.



Still aren't too many folks around the office today; liberal leave policy in effect.

But I get paid for yesterday!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Still aren't too many folks around the office today; liberal leave policy in effect.

But I get paid for yesterday!!



Wahoo! Paid Snow day!!!

I am off the rest of the week starting tomorrow. I can't decide if today is going to drag, or go by quickly.

guess I'll find out!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning everybody.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
kdccrosby wrote:Wahoo! Paid Snow day!!!

I am off the rest of the week starting tomorrow. I can't decide if today is going to drag, or go by quickly.

guess I'll find out!



My guess would be that it's going to go really really slowly.

GEG left to go be with her parents yesterday and time has gone about as slow as possible since she left.

This morning seems to be going especially slow.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
pooflady wrote:Morning everybody.



Howdy poof.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:Still aren't too many folks around the office today; liberal leave policy in effect.

But I get paid for yesterday!!



Actually, there are more people here than I expected. Still not many, but more than I thought there would be.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
cruzer wrote:My guess would be that it's going to go really really slowly.

GEG left to go be with her parents yesterday and time has gone about as slow as possible since she left.

This morning seems to be going especially slow.



When does GEG come back?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote: When does GEG come back?



That was going to be my question, too.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Morning everybody.




Morning folks, mom day, but hubby is home, so no early dog park run.


Poof, what did you do to get that colored triangle?
I've voted. I don't think I posted.
It doesn't look like I have any mod power there.

Maybe, if I figure it out better and get more comfortable, I'll ask about the links.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Poor Cruzer. No GEG for Christmas?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
kdccrosby wrote: When does GEG come back?



Actually, I'm going to her. Christmas Day.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:Poor Cruzer. No GEG for Christmas?



More like no GEG until Christmas. Still sad for me.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Hello, PWA.
Got word that Big Bro & his family made it up from Pearl Harbor late last night. Thus we begin ten days of celebration!

...after I muddle through the workday...


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
PemberDucky wrote:Hello, PWA.
Got word that Big Bro & his family made it up from Pearl Harbor late last night. Thus we begin ten days of celebration!

...after I muddle through the workday...



How was the drive?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

AZGman wrote:How was the drive?



I'm told it went swimmingly!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
PemberDucky wrote:I'm told it went swimmingly!



Prolly had the windows down!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Poof! Remember that book we tried to get you to read a long time ago.
Flowers for Algernon. You said it sounded to scifi for your taste....
The product write up is about it!

I actually went out and bought it for you. If I ever find it and you want to read it, I'll send it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Poof! Remember that book we tried to get you to read a long time ago.
Flowers for Algernon. You said it sounded to scifi for your taste....
The product write up is about it!

I actually went out and bought it for you. If I ever find it and you want to read it, I'll send it.



Great book! Definitely not S.F.!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
ThunderThighs wrote:Kinda like the eye doctor: Is this better or worse? *click* Better or worse? *click* Better or worse?



That irritated me until I figured out that not being able to tell the difference meant they were doing their job well.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Gatzby wrote:That irritated me until I figured out that not being able to tell the difference meant they were doing their job well.



But they always make you pick one anyway, even if they are the same!

It still irritates me, which isn't good since I go to the eye doctor tomorrow.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:But they always make you pick one anyway, even if they are the same!

It still irritates me, which isn't good since I go to the eye doctor tomorrow.



If I am flailing about for the "correct" answer, they'll usually throw me a bone.

"About the same?"
"Yeah." *sigh*

They take mercy on me when I have to read the letters, too.
"A...D...uh...man...I don't know...T...? Maybe? No wait, that's an O....ugh, okay, don't tell me, I know I can get this..."

"Let's just move on to another line."


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
PemberDucky wrote:If I am flailing about for the "correct" answer, they'll usually throw me a bone.

"About the same?"
"Yeah." *sigh*

They take mercy on me when I have to read the letters, too.
"A...D...uh...man...I don't know...T...? Maybe? No wait, that's an O....ugh, okay, don't tell me, I know I can get this..."

"Let's just move on to another line."



LOL - that is what I sound like. I think it's an 3, no maybe an S, uh....

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Morning everyone. . . .

So I thought since I can't find the pictures from last spring I'd just have the kids color some index cards to fill in some of the picture frames they are giving Orc for Christmas. Of course the pictures I can't find ARE the only recent family portraits.

Well I know I have a bunch of index cards because Orc packed them when I did my sister's wedding shower. . . no clue where he put them since.

Went to the office to get a blank page, no paper in the stack on my desk and my printer is empty!

Can I rip my hair out now. The kids are screaming to color stuff for dad and I don't even have a piece of paper!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Poof! Remember that book we tried to get you to read a long time ago.
Flowers for Algernon. You said it sounded to scifi for your taste....
The product write up is about it!

I actually went out and bought it for you. If I ever find it and you want to read it, I'll send it.



I thought it was because it didn't have a happy ending. Sorry, I need happy endings.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:I thought it was because it didn't have a happy ending. Sorry, I need happy endings.



I read wikpedia about it. I'm not going to read it for the same reason.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Yay naps!

Found a local friend on facebook this morning and he brought me some blank paper. Cut it to fit the 4x6 frames (since we don't normally print that size of pictures). The girls want me to wrap them all individually, so I'm cool with that. I think I'd like to find some boxes (or a bigger box to put the whole thing in, might have to go snooping later.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:I thought it was because it didn't have a happy ending. Sorry, I need happy endings.



You're cheating yourself of an excellent story

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote: Sorry, I need happy endings.



That's what he said

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:That's what he said



and why he got arrested

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:You're cheating yourself of an excellent story



You sound like a good friend of mine. She knew how I felt about unhappy endings, yet, without telling me about it, told me I really should see Pay It Forward. Oh, yeah. I've never forgiven her for that. It took me about three days to get over it.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:You sound like a good friend of mine. She knew how I felt about unhappy endings, yet, without telling me about it, told me I really should see Pay It Forward. Oh, yeah. I've never forgiven her for that. It took me about three days to get over it.



That's almost as bad as me and only seeing half of suspenseful movie. I can out write most of hollywood when it comes to horrific endings.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

//sigh

Daughters rescue cat had a cold when she took her.
Daughter asked the shelter over and over, is this a healthy animal.
They said yes, besides you get 2 weeks of vet care.

She called toward the end of the 2 weeks to bring the cat into the shelter vet because it was still sneezing. They said, don't bother, it is just a cold. the shelter is an hour drive away.

Took the cat to a local vet today (about 3 weeks after adoption) and the cat is very sick.
Maybe pneumonia or heart trouble.

Already paid for xrays. Needs to go back tomorrow for more testing.

Daughter is coming home for a few days for christmas, which now means leaving the cat at the vet for days (don't want a sick cat home alone, with only a visit a day to feed it)

Now daughter has to decide if she should return the cat. Maybe by tomorrow.

I had asked our vet before she got it. She doesn't have the money for vets. Our vet said a healthy cat doesn't need much vet care for many years.
This was one reason daughter picked a cat as a pet.

I'm also wondering about all the stuff we got for the cat...the cat tree and things.
Will they carry the germs? Do we need to throw away 2 week old stuff?
Hundreds of dollars of cat stuff?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote://sigh

Daughters rescue cat had a cold when she took her.
Daughter asked the shelter over and over, is this a healthy animal.
They said yes, besides you get 2 weeks of vet care.

She called toward the end of the 2 weeks to bring the cat into the shelter vet because it was still sneezing. They said, don't bother, it is just a cold. the shelter is an hour drive away.

Took the cat to a local vet today (about 3 weeks after adoption) and the cat is very sick.
Maybe pneumonia or heart trouble.

Already paid for xrays. Needs to go back tomorrow for more testing.

Daughter is coming home for a few days for christmas, which now means leaving the cat at the vet for days (don't want a sick cat home alone, with only a visit a day to feed it)

Now daughter has to decide if she should return the cat. Maybe by tomorrow.

I had asked our vet before she got it. She doesn't have the money for vets. Our vet said a healthy cat doesn't need much vet care for many years.
This was one reason daughter picked a cat as a pet.

I'm also wondering about all the stuff we got for the cat...the cat tree and things.
Will they carry the germs? Do we need to throw away 2 week old stuff?
Hundreds of dollars of cat stuff?



I think you should be able to thoroughly clean the cat stuff. Get out the antibacterials and the bleach.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Hello.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:Hello.



Afternoon

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
KtCallista wrote:Afternoon



Evening.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Gatzby wrote:Evening.



soonish I suppose

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.