Sonan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sonan

On the plus side, maybe woot.com will have less kids' stuff. But on the negative side, it's one more place they can "detour" us to during a woot-off! And what if both sites have a woot-off at the same time? Nah, they wouldn't do that to their poor servers, would they?

ten08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ten08
Dimitrii wrote:Full Diapers?

I like SpenceMan01's the best so far: The "Diaper Bag_of_Crap" (DBOC)

his post begins dedicated thread here http://kids.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3388695

Hybrid26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hybrid26

Thats awesome! Thanks Woot! Cant wait to see what you've got up your sleeve.

torny76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torny76

We can't be more excited. There is nothing like this for kids toys. I just emailed a bunch of friends/moms and everyone is beyond thrilled.

Can you imagine a Kids.Woot wootoff during Christmas? Madhouse.

taveanator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages taveanator

I see wootkids is up on twitter - is that legit?

http://twitter.com/wootkids

taveanator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages taveanator
mikethetaffer wrote:Cool idea. Now maybe you guys will put back up that Recaro seat I need another one of! (hint, hint).

I second this.

cannedpoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cannedpoo

Great idea, now we have another outlet to spend on those little snot nosed brats...

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
taveanator wrote:I see wootkids is up on twitter - is that legit?

http://twitter.com/wootkids

yes - will be live shortly.

LMFuqua

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LMFuqua

Oh boy Stuff for my munchkins besides shirts on a separate woot wonderful evilness. I do have a suggestion since Kids encompasses many age ranges. Try to pick specific week days to target certain age ranges or groups of kids. Days upon days of nothing but things for the 6-10 age range will loose the interest of the mommies of babies while those of us who have that age range will love picking up transformer toys and legos

I am days away from having a baby and have a 6 year old. I love this idea it also is able to separate the kids things from the regular Woot (read car seats can be here and no more grumpy singletons for having to skip a day)

I do however agree that since you have a wine woot cheese fruit or food woot would be a next logical choice!

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

nice to see all the woot sites featured on the right side

JokerTX73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JokerTX73

This should be interesting.

I imagine that, even though I have kids, 95% of what I like and/or buy here will be stuff that I play with at the office.

Bring on the NERF guns.

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug
RobertB wrote:I'm hoping that whoever there is one of us, and simply grabbed the Twitter usernames so that they could give them to Woot, before someone with evil intent grabs them instead. That's what I'd have done if "wootkids" was still available. Definitely looking forward to getting woken up at midnight by yet another WooTweet.

Edit: I think I'm follower #10.

Ok, the devs just got @wootkids set up and working, and I just got it skinned to the right colors / graphics. That'll be the official kids.woot Twitter feed.

jasonsf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonsf

You are an evil, evil company. You know all too well that it is impossible for a geek dad to ignore cool geek toys for his kids. I want my home-foreclosure to be on your conscience. When they come to change the locks and find the house foor of kids.woot boxes, you'll know what happened.

Signed Loving father anticipating woot-caused bankruptcy.

maruahues

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maruahues

This is the best. I love spending money on my kid

soochee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soochee

Woohoo one more woot site that I need to check every day! Love it!

bigassbuzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigassbuzz

BRING ME ACTION FIGURES!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously. Do it.
Action Figures reign supreme.
Doubt me not.
Just don't get uncool ones like Guitar Hero...

Take a look at Mattycollector.com on the day one of those new MOTU figs goes on sale. Thay have a very wooty sitch over there about once a month.

Make it so.
The nerds like me will buy them up.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

Was the final decision on picking the color scheme left to a blindfolded chimp with a painters palette full of earth tones?
Shouldn't it have been something that doesn't evoke thoughts of dirty diapers?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
Schrobblehead wrote:
Shouldn't it have been something that doesn't evoke thoughts of dirty diapers?

Maybe that's what they were going for.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
JoeDeeDee wrote:Maybe that's what they were going for.

It wouldn't be completely surprising.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

giname80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giname80

Kids.woot?? Umm, Woot would it be easier for me to just have my paychecks made out to you? You're already getting most of my money.. now i think you'll be getting all of it.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

What? No pope hat for the launch????

mcvet1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcvet1

I would have voted for chillinz.woot

KaneRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaneRobot

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children??

Answer: Yes.

TheChaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheChaz

Oh, just great, now we can all get Diapers of scaffolding.

Mmmmm wine.woot

sugarpike

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sugarpike

This grandma can't wait to see toddler type toys! Yay Woot!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Wow! What's next? dogs.woot.com? where will it ever end?!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio

Oh, noooooooo! I have two nephews ages 4 and 1.5. I can't afford a kids.woot.com. Darn you, Woot! Darn you to heck! (Keeping it clean for the kiddies.)

/GREAT idea
//I hate you guys

Skidi

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Skidi

AWESOME!! Its like you made this just for me and my new little ones!!!

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire

Awesome idea woot!

flipb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flipb

Woot, you ruthless capitalist bastards.

I've finally conceded that I'm an adult now and it's time to quit throwing my hard-earned dough toward things like screaming monkeys and USB Stewie Griffin, and instead spend it responsibly on diapers and formula.

Along comes kids.woot, as if you've just been secretly waiting and planning for me to reach this moment, so that your tentacles can squeeze my wallet tighter than ever before.

Day two of kids.woot, and I'm contemplating making my first single-day multi-dot-woot purchase ever.

Bastards.

trunkwontopen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trunkwontopen
flipb wrote:Woot, you ruthless capitalist bastards.

I've finally conceded that I'm an adult now and it's time to quit throwing my hard-earned dough toward things like screaming monkeys and USB Stewie Griffin, and instead spend it responsibly on diapers and formula.

Along comes kids.woot, as if you've just been secretly waiting and planning for me to reach this moment, so that your tentacles can squeeze my wallet tighter than ever before.

Day two of kids.woot, and I'm contemplating making my first single-day multi-dot-woot purchase ever.

Bastards.

So...you are ordering an extra train set for the office?

Here before the WootBot was.

marksorelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marksorelle

Thank you, it is about time you corrupt my children and empty their piggy banks. Now maybe my wife will leave me alone about my WOOT addiction.

shawnb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnb

My life is now complete

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait

I just had a baby three weeks ago. I also have a Volkswagen.

I thought I had the baby for German engineering, but apparently, I had a baby so that I can woot more often than I already do. You guys know me better than I know myself.

But seriously people, have a baby for love, not for woots.

Cavegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cavegirl

No good can come of this.

sandplasma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandplasma

Awesome, I dont have kids but still, maybe ill buy some magnetix for myself if they're ever here.

jvoilleque

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jvoilleque

You are the greatest in the history of greatness. This is going to make Christmas/birthdays/whatever sooooooo easy.

Huggles!

maelstrom83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maelstrom83

My god... Ever since my wife got her iPhone, she's been tracking all three Woot sites daily. I pray to god she never sees this side. Sorry, woot! ;)

1 Lonely Woot.

rmusser330

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmusser330

How about a KIDS shirt woot? I'd love to find some really cute, but edgy, shirts for my grandkids.

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
rmusser330 wrote:How about a KIDS shirt woot? I'd love to find some really cute, but edgy, shirts for my grandkids.

it would certainly be natural to have a kids shirt here.. and some might say they are up all too frequently at shirt.woot (regardless of kid-friendly design, all shirt.woot tees these days are available in kids sizes) as far as a separate kids.shirt.woot site (or would it be shirt.kids.woot.. ug), we have no specific plans yet.

check out the top 20 ongoing shirt sales there for a few that are top sellers and quite kid friendly.

actually I went over to check myself - here's a few current ones my boys would enjoy (they have 4 or 5 each as it is now):

You’re not one of us anymore, Pluto.
The Epic Begins
Donut Panic!
Evil-o-meter is at mission critical
The Quick Brown Fox