Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Guess what? You don’t have to quit wooting just because your loins have borne fruit. As of today, Kids.Woot is here to take that money you used to waste on brown Zunes and LeakFrogs and waste it on infrared thermometers and LeapFrogs instead. For the whole story, check out the Kids.Woot FAQ – it’s like a baby book without the footprints.

First things first: this is not a site for your kids to play on, OK? Kids.Woot is here to sell high-quality, useful child-oriented products. And maybe some low-quality, useless ones, too. Like Woot, Shirt.Woot, and Sellout.Woot, Kids.Woot will offer a new deal every day at midnight, seven days a week. The prices will be low, the quantities will be limited, the products will not be revealed in advance – you know how this works by now. And like the old commercial used to say, “It’s just no experience for no kids, my age or anyone younger.”

Best of all, if you’re a parent, you will no longer have to share your Wootspace with the frivolous, petty concerns of those who have never struggled beneath the awesome responsibilities of parenthood. Maybe when those jerks get older, we’ll start DyingAloneAndUnmourned.Woot. One day, they’ll understand.

Ask any baby and they’ll tell you: they need structure, discipline, a firm hand to guide them through these tender years. So tell us what we’ve done right on day one, what we’re doing wrong, and what we can do better. Let us know exactly what you’d like to see on Kids.Woot. Make sure you've taken a careful look at our new site Terms & Conditions - if you're using this or any other Woot site, you're agreeing to them by default, so you might want to know what they say. And be patient with the site when it goes astray, as it inevitably will in its first days. It’s just a baby.

chadpdx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chadpdx

First on kids.woot!!

2 Blizzards of Corndogs, Woot-off lights, 1 Screaming Monkey, Rockwell Circular Saw w/ friggin laser beam attachment, Sonic Impact Speakers for Ipod, 2 Motorola C155 cell phones, 2 Bacon Salt, 4 XT Fire Extinguishers, 3 Shirt woots, 2 Random Shirt woots

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

Yay, my kid needs much more scaffolding!

hooray beer!

ibuy4woot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ibuy4woot

Go Kids, Go!

willieblackmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willieblackmon

wrong link for the FAQ...

mearlus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mearlus

Might want to update the the Kids.Woot FAQ to point to http://kids.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx vs the wine.woot.com WhatIsWoot page ;)

KillerRamen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KillerRamen

Is this where those Hollywood types buy childrens from strange and foreign lands?

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

That's exciting. Glad I don't have little ones or I'm sure there would be more money being poured into woot.

Schmoofy

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Schmoofy

Congrats on the new site!

Chakra138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chakra138

YAY! Bring on the My Little Ponies!!! :-) lol

Un0fficial

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Un0fficial

very nice :D

54 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014 BAG OF ████
7/12/09 Woot-Off Lights
5/11/11 Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset

MiNiCoNaN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MiNiCoNaN

very cool stuff. what's next?

Poopelyse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poopelyse

Bag O' Kiddie Krap?

Mattroid

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Mattroid

Should make for many cheap last minute birthday gifts for the slacker parents out there :D

slw1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slw1977

Congratulations on your new arrival!!! I'm looking forward to spending my hard earned money here buying gifts for my niece & nephews :-)

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
Poopelyse wrote:Bag O' Kiddie Krap?

I'm thinking Random Kids' Crap.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

Dimitrii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dimitrii
chris12345 wrote:I'm thinking Random Kids' Crap.

Full Diapers?

oasispaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oasispaw

Looks good! Thanks for thinking of us parent-folk. 47 million thumbs up!

CherrieGirl31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CherrieGirl31

Babies O' Carp

ckraxbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckraxbe

Very excited! As a teacher I am always looking for new things for my classroom!

edelman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages edelman

what's next, teens.woot with pimple cream and backtalk?

richardkinast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richardkinast

Bundle o' Junk

As long as everyone knows it's BoJ
It would be different without "o"

By the way, congrats on the new arrival!

Look!... A distraction!

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 22 Private Messages kitcatbrat

Ooooh how exciting! A new woot site! Now I'll know where to check for all the baby showers I'll be dragged to

mikethetaffer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikethetaffer

Cool idea. Now maybe you guys will put back up that Recaro seat I need another one of! (hint, hint).

mikkif63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikkif63

YAHOOOOOO! I'm totally psyched about new kids.woot! Now my kid can get even more spoiled for less the cost. Thanks for remembering the little guys!

mindyk1212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindyk1212

Well this could be interesting....

Check out World of Dice- All things dice featuring a unique collection of dice jewelry.
And Gifts and Blessings- Buy gifts for one and provide blessings for many.

NoSalt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoSalt

Awesome. Just had my 2nd kid and was never going to buy him anything. He was only to receive hand-me-downs. Now he has a glimmer of hope of getting something from kids.woot.com.

sdgardner

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sdgardner

Darn! My Youngest starts college tomorrow. Oh well there are always Grandchildren!!!

Bearister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bearister

This is a great idea. Thank you for expanding Woot! to include kids stuff - I mean real kids, the young kind, not the older kids who buy the stuff at Woot! and Shirt.Woot!

Pazuzu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Pazuzu

If they send stuff via Smartpost, it'll arrive after the kid is no longer a kid...

mbellon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbellon

this is awsome. cant't wait for a kids wootoff!!!

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain

Dang! And we just finalized the adoption. Who knew that we could have picked up a referbed little wooter here?

Congrats on begetting a new site.

Life goes on...and on...and on...

dzm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dzm

How do I follow kids.woot on twitter? (not seeing it in a search)

DizzyT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DizzyT

I'm loving this WOOT - Thanks!

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Yay!

So - does this mean no more shirts with baby bunnies and dinosaurs and pirates on shirt.woot?

You've been put on posting probation for this post

ten08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ten08

I love it! Looking forward to what you'll offer.

btw, I thinks there's already someone squatting on Twitter usernames "wootkids" and "kidswoot" since they don't match woot's other accounts appearance-wise, and today's item isn't there. I hope you will update kids.woot on Twitter, because that's the first place I daily check all woots.

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
ten08 wrote:I love it! Looking forward to what you'll offer.

btw, I thinks there's already someone squatting on Twitter usernames "wootkids" and "kidswoot" since they don't match woot's other accounts appearance-wise, and today's item isn't there. I hope you will update kids.woot on Twitter, because that's the first place I daily check all woots.

wootkids is us - we just grabbed it a bit late and don't quite have it set up yet. subscribe there to be ready.

unusualpsycho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unusualpsycho

I understand some people think this is great, but I can't disagree more. With all of the other great options for a new WOOT like fruit.woot, cheese.woot, candy.woot, reptile.woot, tobacco.woot, s&m.woot or adult.woot, etc, we get this instead. I know people have kids, sorry for those of you, and will buy from here frequently, but it doesn't work for me. See you on the real woot.com.

RobertB

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RobertB
ten08 wrote:I love it! Looking forward to what you'll offer.

I'm hoping that whoever there is one of us, and simply grabbed the Twitter usernames so that they could give them to Woot, before someone with evil intent grabs them instead. That's what I'd have done if "wootkids" was still available. Definitely looking forward to getting woken up at midnight by yet another WooTweet.

Edit: I think I'm follower #10.

Cr@p-free no more as of 5/26/2010!
(Previous B-to-the-OC: 11/17/2006)
i can haz quality post? zomg!

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
Pufferfishy wrote:Yay!

So - does this mean no more shirts with baby bunnies and dinosaurs and pirates on shirt.woot?

there could be some advantage to that, though there may be a real battle over days here on kids.woot. perhaps kids.shirt.woot.com is needed (or for that matter bunnies.shirt.woot.com, etc.)