2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

If you're new around here, better hurry and snatch these up. These puppies sell out FAST.

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

These are really not just for kids, right? Trixie

MissouriMomma

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

My fambly would always buy an art set just like these for My brother, my brother and me. We had a lot of fun with them but I seem to always remember the markers drying out fast. That could have been because we didn't close the caps all the way though. So I guess my warning is make sure the marker caps are closed all the way, but don't be too upset if they dry up even with tightly closed caps.

I also seem to remember getting 10 crayons that were all the same shade of light blue or yellow-green... This set seems to be a little different in that aspect.

L2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L2

meh bought something similar for my kid, different case but it came in shambles had to bust out the wood glue asap, low quality all around not a great deal imo.

Perception Management.

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan

Yeah,
i was wondering. this looks like 125.00 worth of stuff from hobby lobby but I am betting it's lowest grade available to man kind.

I think I will go with my gut feeling since my kids are older and would be disappointed by some crap in a box.

sad though, it would be cool if it were par for art class in high school.

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

wootjunky4life

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootjunky4life

I’m in for 2. Single dad of 2 girls ages 3 and 9. This is perfect.

155kay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 155kay

I bought one for my granddaughters - age 3- and 5! Hope they like their artwork!

heasays

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heasays

http://www.amazon.com/Art-101-142-Piece-Wood-Set/product-reviews/B002KW3OQS/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Reviews for a similar kit with less pieces.

Most users complain that the case it comes in is cheap and needs to be glued back together, so if you're giving this as a gift, be prepared to "fix" it first.
Also noted, not the greatest grade or art materials, but since this is kids.woot, any amateur should not mind.

I'd still pass since I get coupons in the paper all the time for the art stores, and I can surely buy some sets and put them together for the same price to get better quality art supplies.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Used to work for an art store, and we would sell these like wildfire. They're great for handing to a kid and saying 'do some art'. VERY popular at Christmas.

Quality is 'kid grade', so anything made with this probably won't be hanging in an museum any time soon. Still, at this price, it's an awesome way for budding artists to experiment with different mediums and styles.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

The last time something like this came up..like two weeks ago..someone said the markers run dry pretty fast and the water colors were like chalk. Maybe there's a reason they're being liquidated all the time here?

4timphilipps

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 4timphilipps

bought something similar recently on Woot. Be wary of quality. Case is poorly constructed, hardware fell apart quickly.

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme

I like the portability of this set is. The pieces snap snugly into place so you don't have to worry about them moving around while you are on the move. Just be careful removing the crayons so they don't break.

emilyb127

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emilyb127

I bought 2 of these the last time a similar kit was featured (metal case and 107 pcs. I believe, but also $5 cheaper), 1 for my daughter (4 1/2) and 1 for her to give for a birthday present to a 5 year old friend. Both of the girls were thrilled to receive it, my daughter has been using it on a nearly daily basis ever since. My daughter's only negative feedback has been that it is hard to get the pastels out of the case and that she didn't like the watercolors. She is able to deal with the pastels being difficult to remove (just complains about it a little)and has really enjoyed using them, the markers, and the pencils. I had read in past reviews that the watercolors were of poor quality and we already had a good set of those so that didn't bother me. I also knew from past reviews that although these are "child grade" supplies, the markers do leave permanent stains that don't wash out so I only get this kit out while my 2 year old is napping. All in all, I was very pleased with my purchase and would definitely buy them again but I would only give them to children I trust not to get a little too adventurous possibly drawing on the walls. I do remember last time around reviewers saying that they considered the metal case to be a plus, I can't speak for the quality of the wood cases.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I bought one of these for my wife but she never plays with it.

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor

Kudos to Woot! for the street art references. Exit Through the Gift Shop is a movie that is not only fun to watch, but perhaps even essential for anyone interested in/curious about street art.

kanedax

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kanedax

What kind of markers are these? Permanent? Erasable?

Woot x13
ShirtWoot x26
KidsWoot x5

annerogalski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annerogalski

I got a similar case last time around for my four year old grandson. I was surprised to see that all the crayons came with no points at the end but were just blunt cylinders. I accepted that though until my husband brought up the " fact" that the markers are probably not washable. Anyone have any in put on this? Right now the case is sad and lonely in my closet.

aim62283

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aim62283

Beware-the box is pretty but the contents aren't the greatest. You get what you pay for.

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv

This is a great gift for aunts and uncles to give to their nieces and nephews.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootmeharder

I got one of these before, you would be better off spending twenty bucks at Target on Crayola crayons, markers and pencils etc. This stuff is not that great.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
RWoodward wrote:I bought one of these for my wife but she never plays with it.

Why? Is it not enough quality for someone artistically talented? I have a daughter with a double masters in art and teaching. Would she enjoy it? $30 is no big deal for me, if she didn't she could bring it into the classroom.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
aim62283 wrote:Beware-the box is pretty but the contents aren't the greatest. You get what you pay for.

That's what I figured although if it's $25 on Woot it's usually worth alot more.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MichXelle wrote:Why? Is it not enough quality for someone artistically talented? I have a daughter with a double masters in art and teaching. Would she enjoy it? $30 is no big deal for me, if she didn't she could bring it into the classroom.

These would not be the quality for an art major. My son is an art major and I know the cost of those supplies. Sigh.

This is a good introductory set for a young person to let them explore a lot of mediums at a reasonable price. Great storage for a lot of materials.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

uw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uw

you find it in other shops in the internet for that price too ...